Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware rollback how to?
Hello,

after reading that there could be a sound difference, depending on what firmware is installed, I try to rollback my 120 Expert from 10.1.0 to 7.1.3.

I have downloaded the file from Rufus, unzipped the file and copy to the SD card.

Unit says, Fabric reset after inserting the SD card , BUT display shows : SW 10.1.0

Am i doing something wrong  Huh

Please advise...   Thanks Harry
Hmm. I'm no expert but...

You could try restarting it without an SD card installed. That would do a factory reset.
There may also be a reset command from the remote? Just a guess.

Did you erase the SD card? Delete all the files on it, empty the trash/ recycle and possibly reformat the card? The amp doesn't like leftover bits of files on the card.

Do also pull the power cord when doing firmware changes. It helps in many cases. Others have reverted to 7.1.3 so I'm sure it is something procedural that is getting in the way.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
You might find Pim and Axel's method helpful.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks @thumb5

That is exactly the advice I should have given. @hvsl there are several threads about firmware updates, both up and down changes. The posts cover sound quality opinions and observations as well as guidance for making the changes work.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks All,  

Will try again tomorrow
7.1.3 up and running  Big Grin

And yes there is directly a sound difference , so far like what I hear on my Dynaudio Contour S1.4  Wink
I tried rolling back to an earlier firmware version and also liked the sound.
The problem for me is that version doesn't seem to have the flexibility to adjust phono stage settings, so I can't use it for my TT Sad
Like the sound a lot better than the 10.... Firmware, but also here SAM not working for the Contour S1.4.
If that's a problem....don't know yet, to be frank, I was not impressed with SAM on the 10. Firmware...
My contours sounded better with SAM off, but that's my opinion.