Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not possible to get Expert and Phantom synchronous - SONOS and AirPlay doesn´t work
(20-Jul-2015, 13:51)f1eng Wrote:
(18-Jul-2015, 19:17)midi Wrote: I have tried another ATV, so two ATVs direct via toslink (one to the D120 and one to the Phantom). The same problem time delay.

Is this an Apple or a Devialet problem ?

To be glib, it is your problem...
It is neither a defect in Apple or Devialet product but a problem with you trying to do something which is not implemented yet.
Spark may have a delay which varies depending on whether the data is sent down the optical link or network. The Expert delay depends on the buffer size.

Devialet are intending to provide a way for Phantoms and Expert to work together but a date for the release has not been fixed but is probably some time during next year.
I intend to use Phantoms as the rear channels in my surround sound system with expert for the fronts. I have been advised by Devialet that this functionality will become available but in the long future, not soon.

Pardon a rather stupid question from my side:

Do I really use Spark when I sent the music to the Phantom, when I am using iTunes with AirPlay to sent the music to the Expert and the (one) Phantom ?
In that case, Spark is simply the INPUT and VOLUME selector. Once you have selected the Optical input, the music itself does not pass through Spark. You can even close the Spark application (until you need to change Input or Volume again).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(20-Jul-2015, 21:37)midi Wrote:
(18-Jul-2015, 19:17)midi Wrote: I have tried another ATV, so two ATVs direct via toslink (one to the D120 and one to the Phantom). The same problem time delay.

It is neither a defect in Apple or Devialet product but a problem with you trying to do something which is not implemented yet.
Spark may have a delay which varies depending on whether the data is sent down the optical link or network. The Expert delay depends on the buffer size.

Devialet are intending to provide a way for Phantoms and Expert to work together but a date for the release has not been fixed but is probably some time during next year.
I intend to use Phantoms as the rear channels in my surround sound system with expert for the fronts. I have been advised by Devialet that this functionality will become available but in the long future, not soon.

Do I really use Spark when I sent the music to the Phantom, when I am using iTunes with AirPlay to sent the music to the Expert and the (one) Phantom ?

Sorry for my mistake, if I understand correctly which I may not, the processing with variable delay takes place in the Dialog and I mistakenly typed Spark.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(21-Jul-2015, 17:07)f1eng Wrote:
(20-Jul-2015, 21:37)midi Wrote:

Sorry for my mistake, if I understand correctly which I may not, the processing with variable delay takes place in the Dialog and I mistakenly typed Spark.

Dialog ? I thought the Mac is sending the single direct to the ATVs and from them to the Phantom/D120 ?

I have got a strange answer from Devialet:

"I should use an optical cable from the Mac - nonsense.

And the latency and synchronisation via a network are complicated to fix."

Perhaps they should ask Sonos...

Next, I will try it with two Sonos Connect.
Now I have tested the D120 with a Sonos Connect by toslink and with the Phantom with another Sonos Connect by toslink controlled with the Sonos app - same result - time delay.

This is very disappointing. It must be the Phantom, which makes the trouble. I have no time delay when I play the D120 with a Sonos Connect together with a Sonos Play 5.

So it seems that we have to wait until 2016 to get (perhaps) a multiroom solution with the DIALOG.
Same time delay, when you connect the SONOS Connect with the DIALOG (and not direct to the PHANTOM). So, no solution to see.