Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First listening session with d 200
Went to a friend yesterday and hooked the dev up to his von schweikert vr6. Source was a hd player with a built in soundcard and due to lack of usb cable we had to use analog out into line in. Not optimal. The dev was replacing an abacus integrated amp for 3000 euro. It was totally shocking how much better the dev sounded even under this not optimum conditions. My friend said he will not listen to his amp for at least a week. Acid test will later be in my own system driving my omega duos. Wondering whether it will sound as good or even better than my highly modded tact millenium mk3
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Well, then you've listen to it underperforming by quite a fair bit I would say! Didn't you have a USB printer cable at hand? Tongue

Just now listening to Mylène Farmer's Live in Lyon 2013 (Timeless album) "Les Mots" song and still amazed how much 3D it sounds.

The Dev definitely shines with live albums!
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy