Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi antenna interference
I think the antenna is only for Wi-Fi, not for remote control. A few months ago I completely removed the Wi-Fi module (as well as the antenna) and the remote control worked normally quite far from the amplifier (7-8 meters).
(24-Mar-2024, 21:12)Pim Wrote: @markush I have a question for you. Does it impact the working of the remote control? I'm sitting quite far away from my amp and if (we don't know) the antenna gets used for the remote, I need it to stay. I'm not home atm, so I can't try it for myself.

Remote works perfectly without the WiFi antenna.
So you can try out own your own without any problems to expect.
My anti-noise "tweak" was to fit an earth mat and bond the supply to the Devialet and other audio components to it

Prior to this, I could measure 0,9 VAC on the earth wire

This reduced the noise floor somewhat

[Image: c3d1PWd.png]
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
@markush what about wrapping bottom of the cover plate with aluminum foil, ideally it should be strong enough to work as a faraday cage and block the potential radio wave noise.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Faraday-Cage
Audioquest Thunder | High (Variable) Current Power Cable - Audioquest Niagara 3000 - Apple MacMini (2018) - Cardas Clear USB/ Blue Jeans Ethernet Cable - Devialet Expert 220 Pro on IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze - Van Den Hul The Breeze Hybrid Speaker Cables - Focal Scala Utopia Evo on IsoAcoustics Gaia-TITAN Theis
The inner shell case is already aluminised and electrically earthed. I suppose the designers thought of RF leakage when designing the amplifier
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
but I think the antenna will be connected to the internals somehow, otherwise it would not work if you want to use it. The question is what happens internally with the signal picked up by the antenna. This signal is definitly much weaker if the antenna is removed. But not sure if this can really affect the SQ. But my antennas are removed for a long time already...