Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fonica - worth a try ?
Thumbs Up 
I think - really nice speakers:

http://fonica-international.com/?lang=en

On wall installation possible !
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
A lot like Magnepan it appears,
I can't find where it says on wall installation possible but with a dipole system I find that hard to believe. As Bill says, looks a lot like Magnepan, which is a good thing.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
To answer the question in the title of the thread, yes, they are worth a try. They might be terrible though, or they might be good. Looking at the manufacturer's website, there is very little in the way of information, the tech specs section does not include any technical specifications, for example.

@Mr_Bill and @Pim state that they look like Magnepan speakers, which they do. However, in some pictures what looks like conventional conical drivers can be seen.

They do look very nice though, very sleek and stylish. This may not be a good thing of course, a case of prioritising aesthetic design over performance perhaps.

So more information and a listen required I think. Are they very new?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Jan-2018, 12:26)Confused Wrote: To answer the question in the title of the thread, yes, they are worth a try.  They might be terrible though, or they might be good.  Looking at the manufacturer's website, there is very little in the way of information, the tech specs section does not include any technical specifications, for example.  

@Mr_Bill and @Pim state that they look like Magnepan speakers, which they do.  However, in some pictures what looks like conventional conical drivers can be seen.  

They do look very nice though, very sleek and stylish.  This may not be a good thing of course, a case of prioritising aesthetic design over performance perhaps.

So more information and a listen required I think.  Are they very new?
I think the picture with conventional drivers is just drawings on the covering fabric  Big Grin 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(14-Jan-2018, 12:26)Confused Wrote: They do look very nice though, very sleek and stylish.  This may not be a good thing of course, a case of prioritising aesthetic design over performance perhaps.

Like Devialet? Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Jan-2018, 20:21)Pim Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 12:26)Confused Wrote: They do look very nice though, very sleek and stylish.  This may not be a good thing of course, a case of prioritising aesthetic design over performance perhaps.

Like Devialet? Tongue

Ouch!  Although I did use the phase “may not be a good thing”, so it’s not a given, sometimes aesthetic design goes hand in hand with state of the art performance.  Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12