Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foobar Question
(26-Nov-2015, 14:04)hk6230 Wrote: I believe there's another plugin that allows dsd over pcm. Again, search the web for more info. I haven't used Foobar for quite sometime since owning Roon.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

(29-Nov-2015, 17:38)tyefighter Wrote:
(28-Nov-2015, 03:36)tyefighter Wrote: a question was asked in the notes below the article where some guy couldn't get the Chord QuteHD working with ASIO as it didnt support ASIO either
the auther of the article suggested the following which worked and the QuteHD showed a 'purple' light that indicates its accepting DSD

Going through Steps 12 & 13 above but select ASIO4ALL under "ASIO Driver" for Step 14,
and "dcs marker 0x05/0xFA" under "DSD Playback Method" for Step 15.
Then perform Steps 16, 17 & 18.

Tried this last night and it indeed worked fine for playing DSD files via Foobar

note. step 14 didnt show ASIO4ALL ..in fact it didnt give me any options to choose from, however it still worked Big Grin

Yes, it didn't show ASIO4ALL on my system either... but I couldn't make it... the rate was always 88.2 or 176.4.... which makes me believe that I was just using foobar conversion on the fly like every non DSD ready Dac.

I'm still not able to play DSD on devialet.
check under SACD that DSD is selected
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
yes, it is selected...
ok so under Ouput have you selected 'ASIO foo_dsd_asio'
under Output/ASIO when you double click on 'foo_dsd_asio' there is no ASIO4ALL and all the fields are empty and blank?
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
No, the only option on ASIO Driver mask is Devialet USB Asio Driver
ah looks like thats where the problem is

i unzipped the file then ran the exe
i also moved the 'foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component' file into the foobar user component folder and installed it within foobar via the file/preference/component
may need a restart but hopefully it will now appear

The Cotswolds England
(02-Dec-2015, 21:51)tyefighter Wrote: ah looks like thats where the problem is

i unzipped the file then ran the exe
i also moved the 'foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component' file into the foobar user component folder and installed it within foobar via the file/preference/component
may need a restart but hopefully it will now appear

I did install oo_input_sacd.fb2k-component' file via the file/preference/component and restarted foobar... but still I can't find ASIO4ALL... only Devialet USB audio Driver...
so Output/ASIO you only have the Devialet ASIO listed not the foo_dsd_asio as shown below?
(image below taken from web and not my setup... as such it also shows mytech and teac drivers)

[Image: 9513foobar1.png]

The Cotswolds England
Correct. I am not in front of my PC now, but as Asio driver the only option is Devialet USB audio Driver.
as DSD playback method I can chose ASIO Native, dcs marker 0x05/0xFA and a couple of others.
Try installing the Asio4All driver : http://www.asio4all.com/ you'll be able to choose it (and then select Dop for DSD Playback Method)

It works for me, thanks to hk6230 I did a try ! DSD64 shown on the Devialet screen Wink
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -