Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found this note on the Devialet website
A strange note was in the description of the Expert Pro 1000:

" Conversion of all inputs into 24 BIT/192 KHz"  

This note was only on the Expert Pro 1000.  Not quite sure what they are actually saying here.  Is the 1000 Pro the only one that performs the upscaling?  This note does not show up on any of the other Expert Pro specifications descriptions.  

May need to ask Devialet what this actually means.  Anyone have a clue?
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
Submitted this question to the Expert Pro team. Got my curiosity up with this.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

Do not know if this is related to your question, but...

There seems to be a bit of a mess with some of the specs on the Devialet homepage at the moment. On the 220 Pro it now says that the phono stage is standard and that the pre amplified output is optional. This is corect when it comes tol the 140 Pro. As far as I know, there is an "advanced phono stage" on the 220 pro, and the "pre amplified output" is supplied as standard on this. At least that's how it is on my 220 Pro. If not Devialet has changed the specs on the 220 Pro since I bought mine in 2018...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
It will be interesting to hear Devialet's response on this. But to the best of my recollection, all Expert Pros convert into all inputs to 24/192 including phono input and then process it accordingly.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(25-Jul-2023, 21:59)mdconnelly Wrote: It will be interesting to hear Devialet's response on this.  But to the best of my recollection, all Expert Pros convert into all inputs to 24/192 including phono input and then process it accordingly.

I think you are right, but it's one of those points that is not clear.  Don't remember reviews pointing this out, either.

Not sure what is going on with customer service at Devialet. Was wandering through Waitrose last Friday when my mobile rang. I noticed it was from abroad and it turned out to be from Devialet asking about my problem and had it been resolved. Haven’t contacted their Customer Services for years so no idea what issue they felt they were looking into.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I think I can answer your question. I looked on the Devialet page for the 1000 Pro and in the specifications it states in relation to the pre-amplified output: "Conversion of all inputs into 24-bit/192 kHz"

So what the statement means is that if you're using the digital output from the amp's pre-amplifier stage, the output will be 24/192 regardless of the resolution of the original signal.

If you're not using digital output from your Expert Pro this statement has no relevance for you. If you are using digital output from your Expert Pro just make sure the DAC you're sending the signal to can handle a 24/192 input because there is apparently no option for the user to change the resolution of the digital output from 24/192.

It's not a "strange not" if you take into account that the statement is made in the specifications for the pre-amplified output. It is totally unrelated to the resolutions the amp will accept. For that you need to look at the Connectivity section of the specifications where you will find details of the resolutions the various input types will accept.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
That said, I have the same recollection as @mdconnelly that all inputs are converted to 24 bit/192 kHz internally because that is the standard used by the ADH block integral to the Expert series. It makes sense that the DAC driving the pre-out would operate at the same standard, but the significance of 24 bits/192 kHz is not limited to the pre-out.

ETA: Devialet's white paper for the original D-Premier states that the PCM1792 DAC at the heart of the ADH block operates at 24/192.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(26-Jul-2023, 09:09)thumb5 Wrote: That said, I have the same recollection as @mdconnelly that all inputs are converted to 24 bit/192 kHz internally because that is the standard used by the ADH block integral to the Expert series.  It makes sense that the DAC driving the pre-out would operate at the same standard, but the significance of 24 bits/192 kHz is not limited to the pre-out.

ETA: Devialet's white paper for the original D-Premier states that the PCM1792 DAC at the heart of the ADH block operates at 24/192.

Here is the response from the Devialet Expert team: 

1) All inputs are upscaled to 24/192KHz
2) The Pre out is 24/192KHz
3) As of 18 months ago, the 140 has the Pre out option 
4) The Magic Wire only applies to the ADH, not the pre out

They also said the page regarding the descriptions needs to be updated for corrections.  Stand By. The page will be updated.