Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequently losing stereo connection
I have a pair of Reactors connected to my Mac, that sound amazing. The left Reactor is connected via optical, and they are both connected to my network via gigabit ethernet to a switch. The right reactor frequently stops playing, and to get it back I have to unplug them both and reconnect them to power. 

Is there a quicker way to reset the connection?
(22-Jun-2021, 12:56)booshtukka Wrote: I have a pair of Reactors connected to my Mac, that sound amazing. The left Reactor is connected via optical, and they are both connected to my network via gigabit ethernet to a switch. The right reactor frequently stops playing, and to get it back I have to unplug them both and reconnect them to power. 

Is there a quicker way to reset the connection?

I run an Ethernet cable from one reactor to the other. Is this how you are connecting via Ethernet cable?
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
No, I have the ethernet connected to a gigabit switch in between, along side other products. This shouldn't create any issues.
increase the latency maybe?
I'll try that - but it's a shame to make it worse than it is! Thank you. Smile