Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From 220 to 440
Hello all,

I upgraded from a 220 to a 440. Both units came back from the factory for the CI upgrade. I never had them running before.

When I installed them for the first time both screens said 220. So a visit to the online configurator (see attached).

Config for the master on one card, the slave on the other. It is the only thing on the card. File names has not been adapted. Cards in the DEV and press on the power button: almost immediately an "SD card error" and just re-trying does not seem to help.

I cannot see any issues with my configurator file. Do you see?

With my 220 I created several config files and never had an issue with them...

Kr, thanks,

Stijn

Make sure both are running the same firmware version first, so the steps to go through are:

1. Switch them on as 220PRO individuals first, check the firmware on both and upgrade to ensure it is the same on both
2. Switch them both off and connect the two via coax
3. In configurator, create a new profile for the 440PRO. You will now have two devialets, one the master and one the companion. Download the two separate config files on two different SD cards
4. Insert the SD cards into the devialets (master SD card into the one you want as master and companion SD card into the one you want as the companion) and switch them both on.
5. Configurations should load and after completion both should say 440PRO. The master will have an additional wording for "master" at the top of the display.
6. After this has been done, you only need to switch on the master, it will auto wake up the companion. The same with powering down.

If you have an issue with the SD card, reformat it and re-download the config files again. I had to go through this a few time. I use an iMAC and save the config file straight to the SD card. Note that both config files (master and companion) are named the same. So if you download both to the same location, one file will be renamed to allow this and that config file will obviously then not work.

Going from the 220 to 440 is magnificent. Bigger soundstage, more control over the speakers, fine detail is emphasised and a greater sense of effortlessness. You will be very pleased.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Many thanks for your help.

I did exactly that for a million of times now but no luck.

I think it is due to my new SD cards. I tried the card that was in yet another DEV i have and then it is working. The same config file on my new card is not. Go figure.

will try to buy some very small and slow cards... Smile

The old card says FAT32 as file system while the new ones say exFAT. I cannot change it to another FAT type... maybe thats the reason
(01-Sep-2018, 10:34)Stino Wrote: Many thanks for your help.

I did exactly that for a million of times now but no luck.

I think it is due to my new SD cards. I tried the card that was in yet another DEV i have and then it is working. The same config file on my new card is not. Go figure.

will try to buy some very small and slow cards... Smile

The old card says FAT32 as file system while the new ones say exFAT. I cannot change it to another FAT type... maybe thats the reason

Hi, look here. maybe it helps you!
2. Questions & Answers
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Devialet-
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
My guess would be that the formatting of the new SD card is the issue. 
You can always use your old SD card for both. So load the config on the one, delete the file from the SD card and load the other config file and then insert it into the second Devialet.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(01-Sep-2018, 15:47)Drifter Wrote: My guess would be that the formatting of the new SD card is the issue. 
You can always use your old SD card for both. So load the config on the one, delete the file from the SD card and load the other config file and then insert it into the second Devialet.

I can confirm that the formatting of the SD card is the issue.

From my test I can conclude that the format exFAT is not supported by Devialet. This in fact implies that you cannot use an SD card with more than 32Gb since when you use a Windows machine: without any third party software the only disk format supported is exFat. 

@Pim: maybe something you want to include in your post about installing firmware and config files?? It got me stressed (and led to buying an unneeded extra digital coax cable...)

I'm now listening to my Dev 440. Great stuff!
(01-Sep-2018, 19:49)Stino Wrote: @Pim: maybe something you want to include in your post about installing firmware and config files?? It got me stressed (and led to buying an unneeded extra digital coax cable...)

I'm now listening to my Dev 440. Great stuff!

Good idea. I'm thinking it might be better to make up a 'how to format your SD card' and link to it. I can do a 'how to' for Mac. Someone else will have to do the Windows version.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.