Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From D200 to D440 on JBL 4430
(13-Nov-2021, 11:37)Carcrashboy Wrote: Thanks.

My speakers have 3 pairs of speaker posts ,bass, mid, high so I have some options but not sure how to get there.

I checked out the configuratorĀ (thanks Devianet) and can see where to make the changes but how do you work out the frequency cut-off, and the 1-4 filter order.

I have enough quality speaker cables and jumper to be able to experiment with D1000 Pro running bass/mid with a valve amp running the high, or D1000 Pro on bass duties with valve amp on mid/high.

As mentionned by Devianet, my setting was fully active by removing the filter from the speaker. I do not think it will help to make some passive bi-amping

You have some details for crossover calculation here
Crossover: IIR or FIR? (2) (devialetchat.com)

As said for 1st order the frequency to apply is the cut off frequency. If you want to use 4th order filter some calculation are needed.

Once you choose the right crossover well you can enjoy your active settings. Better impacts, usually less distorsion.
Just be carefull to not send the wrong frequence to your HP by messing up your settings.

These Devialet amp are incrediblely open to many configuration.
That calculation is made by my friend who is speaker builder/designer. He has also developed VituixCAD loudspeaker simulator. https://kimmosaunisto.net/

So you can rely that calculation method is correct. He said that Devialet crossover is almost like Bessel but actually is not. He named it as Dessel
Well Waiski,

You post on the Dessel was very helpful to me.
And yes the calculation are correct and give the expected result.
Thanks to you and your friend
(04-Dec-2021, 12:15)renan Wrote: Well Waiski,

You post on the Dessel was very helpful to me.
And yes the calculation are correct and give the expected result.
Thanks to you and your friend
Devialet Pro's are superb boxes full of excellent features but we need to know how to use these features. When Devialet doesn't tell how things do work, we need to do the research ourselves and help each other Smile