Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Expert 120 to 140 Pro -> First Impressions
Hi Guys,

just wanted to share my Impressions with you after having updated my Expert 120 to 140 Pro in just one week although Devialet stated 5 Weeks as time!

In general everything is working fine as it should - Airplay, AIR, etc.

Soundwise there is big improvement using AIR:
- Wider Stage
- Everything more precise
- Instruments, Voices are much better separated to each other forming a more harmonic whole 
- a core warmth from deep inside 
- more smooth and quiet but not boring at all

When it comes to Airplay there is big difference:
- Also wider stage
- Not as precise as AIR
- Instruments and Voices sounding much more clinical and tinny not forming a harmonic whole at all
- No warmth
- No smoothness due to lack of things mentioned.

So when I watch TV or whatever on Apple TV I am thankful for the Airplay feature. Also Apple TV automatically plays via the Expert. I don't have to do anything. Also I can finally control the volume on the apple remote app via the iPhone buttons because the Expert supports that. That is real comfort guys! When I am listening to music I am thankful for the improvement in sound. But when it comes to Airplay I am really disappointed to be honest to say because of the big difference to Airplay. So still I can't listen to music from my iPhone and surf the Internet at the same time because I want to hear music with the best quality available and that is clearly AIR!

So is it worth the Update? YES! Sound improvement is great using AIR and having Airplay onboard is just great! But if you ONLY want to listen music over Airplay then don't upgrade. You will be disappointed.
I have noticed that after the latest update my AIR connection is intermittent. The music cuts out and silence for a few seconds 3-10 seconds and this occurs every 1 to 4 minutes.