Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS Audio P 10 & P 5 + Dev 400
I have used a PS Audio P5 for several years on front end components with good results. When I implemented the 400 I plugged it into a 10 AWG dedicated circuit without power conditioning.  On Paul Mc Gowan's advice, I transferred the 400 master to the P5 with good results. The 400 companion was  located about 10 feet away from the master, and plugged into its own dedicated circuit.

I recently took advantage of a PS Audio sale on the P 10, a much larger unit.  The P 10 is now connected to the master, and the P5 has moved to the companion.  This change has made major improvements.  There has been a significant improvement in soundstage width and depth.  It now seems that the front of our listening room opens directly onto the stage of the recording venue.  It is fascinating to hear the changes from one recording to another. There is also much more inner micro detail. Each PS Audio unit rests on a Power Base, which fits the units exactly, and yields its own improvements.

This change is worth the cost and time to implement.
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
Glad to read the P10 & P5 are working for you.

I tried a P5 in my system with a D400.

Both the master and companion were plugged into the P5, which was plugged into a dedicated 20 amp AC outlet.

I didn't hear any improvement, so I sold the P5.

For power conditioning, I now use a custom P.I. Audio UberBuss with Furutech NCF connectors, and I'm very pleased with the results.