Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gapless Playback
What are the DEVIALET guys listening to? All the operas and lots of classical, as well as concept albums require gapless playback.

Come on developers, this is way more important than to fiddle out and solve all the problems that occur in weird WLAN and PLC environments one can read about in this forum.

Cheers,

Krisp
Krisp, you are absolutely right!
It seems to me that the young generation of track listeners have lost the appreciation of listening to an album where songs are linked together. It's not only Devialet that do not get the point. Google has the same problem to understand that gapless play is existing since the times of LP's and is importent for immersion into live concerts or performences that are not a concatinated product of single tracks. Their newly intoduced Chromecast Audio unit is also not able to perform gapless reproduction. Sad, we live in this chopped world.
Time to resurrect this thread.

Would like to see the upcoming App include gap!ess playback. Too much to expect?
(20-Sep-2019, 14:03)Snoopy8 Wrote: Time to resurrect this thread.

Would like to see the upcoming App include gap!ess playback. Too much to expect?

The thread should stay dead, unless you know otherwise.  My Phantoms have given me gapless playback for at least two years.

Maybe it depends on the source; I use Qobuz generally.  A long time ago I had gapless playback problems with Qobuz, but not any more.

In fact I have had no problems at all with my Phantoms in the last two years.  Spark does not have a have a helpful interface with Qobuz, but that is a different matter!
(23-Sep-2019, 18:04)andrew_brown Wrote:
(20-Sep-2019, 14:03)Snoopy8 Wrote: Time to resurrect this thread.

The thread should stay dead, unless you know otherwise.  My Phantoms have given me gapless playback for at least two years.
Oops, you are correct that Spark does do gapless.  Was reading the posts in this thread and an old Darko article and jumped to the wrong conclusion...