Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gapless over UPNP
I’m using the iPad app Mconnect to stream Qobuz to my 440 Pro CI over wireless. The sound quality is superb, but I can’t seem to get gapless playback to work properly, it’s most annoying with operatic recordings where gapless playback is essential.

I’ve tried both the gapless settings in Mconnect, ‘Gapless by App’ and ‘Gapless to renderer’ but neither setting works.

Is it that the Devialet does not support gapless playback over UPNP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
I've never heard of Mconnect but I think the answer to your question is simple. If you're streaming Qobuz, you aren't streaming with UPnP. I think you'll find that Mconnect uses UPnP to stream music from your NAS or hard drive to your 440 but it just provides an interface for you to stream music from Qobuz to the 440 and it has no control over how the Qobuz stream is delivered. Those gapless settings you mention probably work when you're streaming your own files from a local drive or NAS but I bet they have no effect with internet streaming services.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
@disarmamant - What input on the Devialet is selected when you use Mconnect to stream Qobuz? If it's UPnP then maybe that explains why gapless playback isn't working (per @"alaw"'s comment). On the other hand if it's AIR, then that's the same configuration I use to play Qobuz, and I don't recall having had problems with gapless playback.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(23-Nov-2018, 11:01)thumb5 Wrote: @disarmamant - What input on the Devialet is selected when you use Mconnect to stream Qobuz? If it's UPnP then maybe that explains why gapless playback isn't working (per @"alaw"'s comment). On the other hand if it's AIR, then that's the same configuration I use to play Qobuz, and I don't recall having had problems with gapless playback.

The input to the Devialet is UPNP. Mconnect is set up to play to ‘My Devialet’ and automatically selects UPNP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus