Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini 2 worse ANC??
Using Gemini 2 no longer allows users to choose the ANC level, and they claim that the new "Adaptive Noise Cancellation" will select the level of noise cancellation that adapts to your specific environment. 

However, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work at all. When testing Gemini 1 in the same environment, it's super clear that Gemini 1's ANC does a better job of canceling noise, especially when it comes to human speech. 

I just dislike it when companies introduce a seemingly limited "smart" feature and take away users' ability to make their own decisions. 

What are your thoughts?
no I compared with one earphone of each in the ear and the 2 are better

But I would prefer to be able to adjust the anc myself or even cut it like before.
I was not satisfied with noice cancellation of Gemini 1. For my ears it was not very efficient. Further NC settings changed the sound which not satisfying. For example Neutral mode did sound very special.

Up to know I am very satisfied with ANC of Gemini 2, works well and no fatigueness.  Manual setting of NC would be a nice feature but I do not know if I would use it. Sometimes simple is best.
Expert Pro 220. Dynaudio C1 II. Rega P8. Lyra Delos. Primare BD 32. 
But the Gemini 2 does not have a transparency mode, right?
(12-Oct-2023, 18:12)hulster Wrote: But the Gemini 2 does not have a transparency mode, right?

If there is one, it works well.
It no longer has a neutral mode, without transparency, without anc
(25-Sep-2023, 10:06)Ounerbouks Wrote: no I compared with one earphone of each in the ear and the 2 are better

But I would prefer to be able to adjust the anc myself or even cut it like before.

It's strange that my experience is reversed, I can very clearly hear my keyboard typing sound when using Gemini 2, while Gemini 1 does a great job at canceling that noise, as well as the sound of people talking.
(12-Oct-2023, 18:12)capanga Wrote: Mas o Gemini 2 não tem modo de transparência, certo?

Have.
(14-Oct-2023, 10:20)booking1027 Wrote:
(25-Sep-2023, 10:06)Ounerbouks Wrote: no I compared with one earphone of each in the ear and the 2 are better

It's strange that my experience is reversed, I can very clearly hear my keyboard typing sound when using Gemini 2, while Gemini 1 does a great job at canceling that noise, as well as the sound of people talking.

poor seal, bad tip?