Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini II Volume Gesture Issues
Let me begin by saying that I absolutely love them! The rich sound, the bass, higher than average output levels with zero distortion and zero ear fatigue or discomfort from the highs or treble. They're also super comfy, rarely if ever have they come loose, and they're extremely light weight. I chose the matte black option but really wanted the whites but because I'm outside most of the day and take my dogs on frequent hikes I was a bit worried about keeping them looking white. That's not to say that I'm not happy with matte black because I do like the minimalist look. One issue I have with my color choice is how freaking difficult it is to see the "R" and "L"  identifier on each bud. I literally have to shine a flashlight at an angle so I can identify which is which. The size of the print is fine, it's the font and the non-contrast color Deviate chose. The R and L are encircled by a slightly darker black and the letter is the same color as the rest of the bud. Imagine a solid black circle with a stenciled R or L in the middle. Maybe it's just me and my aging eyes. It's only an issue when I fumble them leaving me to guesd which is which. It's a minor annoyance really. The materials used, and the fit and finish (including the case) are outstanding and true to Devialet's mission and values statement.

Sorry about carrying on. But the problem I'm having with the volume gestures for both buds has always been there since day one but has gotten progressively worse. Unless I've missed something the double press and hold (Left decreases volume and Right increases volume) cannot be customized. All the other gestures are customizable and have performed flawlessly. Initially it worked on 1 to 3 attempts. Now it's working correctly 25% of the time, making the volume control gestures a non-usable feature for me. I'm hoping that it's just me and haven't learned how to engage the volume control properly. I don't think I've lost that much digit dexterity but who knows.
Anyone experience anything similar or lend some insight into what I'm doing wrong? I would grately appreciate any advice.

Cheers!!