Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini for 12 hour shift?
Guys,

I work from home on 12 hour shifts. Once in a while I have to be both on the phone and type at the same time so it's easier with head phones. I've been using B&W Bluetooth headphones but something is wrong with the microphones so I'm looking for a replacement. 

I read on the Devialet site that the Gemini's have a standard charge for 6 hours and 24 hours 'in the can'. Is anyone using them for a full day at work? I'm sort of thinking that I won't have them on all the time but they do need to be ready and charged when I get a phone call. Having to charge them because they're totally dead is not an option. When I wear them I will also be listening to music.

How easy is it to charge them? There seem to have been some issues 'in the past'?

Another question that I can probably find the answer for but can't be bothered looking up; can it be connected to two devices at the same time?

Thanks in advance,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(12-Apr-2021, 05:24)Pim Wrote: Guys,

I work from home on 12 hour shifts. Once in a while I have to be both on the phone and type at the same time so it's easier with head phones. I've been using B&W Bluetooth headphones but something is wrong with the microphones so I'm looking for a replacement. 

I read on the Devialet site that the Gemini's have a standard charge for 6 hours and 24 hours 'in the can'. Is anyone using them for a full day at work? I'm sort of thinking that I won't have them on all the time but they do need to be ready and charged when I get a phone call. Having to charge them because they're totally dead is not an option. When I wear them I will also be listening to music.

How easy is it to charge them? There seem to have been some issues 'in the past'?

Another question that I can probably find the answer for but can't be bothered looking up; can it be connected to two devices at the same time?

Thanks in advance,

Pim

After this latest update reliability is much improved. However in my testing if you have ANC turned on all the time they will not last more then 4 hours without putting them back in the charger. Further more if your focus is on battery lasting as long as possible, phone calls and reliability, then there is definitely much better options for you (for example Jabra 85t). I would recommend Gemini only to people that are in search for best sounding true wireless earphones on the market.
OK, Gemini are out. Jabra 85t only has one extra hour of battery life so that's not an option either. So it's probably going to be another set of over ears. The Jabra 85H seems a bit more of a professional option. I've heard the Bose and Sony options. They're so bright I would have to wear sunglasses in between them and my ears to tone them down.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Maybe not your main criteria, but the Geminis do have excellent call quality on both sides. I have both the Sony XM3s and B&W PX, and callers much prefer the Gemini.
(13-Apr-2021, 04:12)cresny Wrote: Maybe not your main criteria, but the Geminis do have excellent call quality on both sides. I have both the Sony XM3s and B&W PX, and callers much prefer the Gemini.

I’ve never had complaints about the sound quality with the PX apart from when the wind blew into the microphones. I do talk with people who are on drilling rigs so in that noisy environment the clearer the better. Something to consider. Thanks
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Thanks in advance,

Pim

If you really wantbthe longest lasting buds and don't need super-duper ANC, then I can recommendthe M&D MW08. The sound is very good (not the loudest) and they have 10 hours per charge, with an extra 3 charges in the case. They are built like something you will pass down to your kids and they to theirs. The most beautiful ceramic top layer. The stainless steel case is built like a vault. 
Unfortunately, the ANC was very importantto me and aftrr tryingthe Gemini I was spoiled and am willing to take a hit on the battery life for the great Noise canceling.
(17-Apr-2021, 11:53)ECA77 Wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Pim

If you really wantbthe longest lasting buds and don't need super-duper ANC, then I can recommendthe M&D MW08. The sound is very good (not the loudest) and they have 10 hours per charge, with an extra 3 charges in the case. They are built like something you will pass down to your kids and they to theirs. The most beautiful ceramic top layer. The stainless steel case is built like a vault. 
Unfortunately, the ANC was very importantto me and aftrr tryingthe Gemini I was spoiled and am willing to take a hit on the battery life for the great Noise canceling.
Have you used both Gemini and Mw08? I'm very curious about the audio quality (soundstage, clarity, rich sound) which one do you prefer most? I know that mw08's app doesn't support eq but no one in the reviews i have readen makes clear if they need it in their audio tests. After all which one do you suggest for better fit and usability? As you can imagine i am between these two for purchase.
thank you
(17-Apr-2021, 22:50)zevedeos Wrote:
(17-Apr-2021, 11:53)ECA77 Wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Pim

Have you used both Gemini and Mw08? I'm very curious about the audio quality (soundstage, clarity, rich sound) which one do you prefer most? I know that mw08's app doesn't support eq but no one in the reviews i have readen makes clear if they need it in their audio tests. After all which one do you suggest for better fit and usability? As you can imagine i am between these two for purchase.
thank you. 

I preferred the Gemini's deeper bass and that I didn't have the feeling that the volume could go a little higher. There were times I had the MW08 turned all the way up (like watching a video) and was surprisedthat they were at maximum volume. The MW08 have a neutral sound stage, which reproduces what the content creator made. The soundstage is excellent, everythingi s crystal clear, i was watching a series on Netflix and I heard background noises and voices I probably would have missed if I was watching on TV. You know, when the subtitles say a noise was there, or a sound in the background, but you didn't hear it. And audio lag is very low. I think the Gemini's are a little more noticeable.
The MW08 are comfortable to wear, I just had a little trouble with finding the right tips as I apparently have big ear holes. 
The fit and finish are above the Gemini's. And they are overall a little smaller. The case is much more portable than the Gemini's. Not to mention you could use it to break down a door if you had to.
But all in all, I still like the sound of the Gemini more. The NC is amazing, and you don't miss the extra volume when your favorite song comes on and you want to turn it up.
(18-Apr-2021, 05:52)ECA77 Wrote:
(17-Apr-2021, 22:50)zevedeos Wrote:
(17-Apr-2021, 11:53)ECA77 Wrote: If you really wantbthe longest lasting buds and don't need super-duper ANC, then I can recommendthe M&D MW08. The sound is very good (not the loudest) and they have 10 hours per charge, with an extra 3 charges in the case. They are built like something you will pass down to your kids and they to theirs. The most beautiful ceramic top layer. The stainless steel case is built like a vault. 
thank you. 

I preferred the Gemini's deeper bass and that I didn't have the feeling that the volume could go a little higher. There were times I had the MW08 turned all the way up (like watching a video) and was surprisedthat they were at maximum volume. The MW08 have a neutral sound stage, which reproduces what the content creator made. The soundstage is excellent, everythingi s crystal clear, i was watching a series on Netflix and I heard background noises and voices I probably would have missed if I was watching on TV. You know, when the subtitles say a noise was there, or a sound in the background, but you didn't hear it. And audio lag is very low. I think the Gemini's are a little more noticeable.
The MW08 are comfortable to wear, I just had a little trouble with finding the right tips as I apparently have big ear holes. 
The fit and finish are above the Gemini's. And they are overall a little smaller. The case is much more portable than the Gemini's. Not to mention you could use it to break down a door if you had to.
But all in all, I still like the sound of the Gemini more. The NC is amazing, and you don't miss the extra volume when your favorite song comes on and you want to turn it up.
Thank you for your reply, do you have any issues with connections with Gemini after the latest update? I am asking this because i compare the cons and pros for each buds and the connection flawless is very important for me. I wish my buds to auto connect to my ios phone everytime i take them out of the case and off cource disconnect when the turn back in the case. 
Pros and cons (please correct me if i am wrong):

Gemini
Pros: Sound with deeper bass ( i am fun of deeper punchy bass, but not with v shape sound)
wireless case
no buttons (for me is in pros, i dont know for you)
better fit maybe 
better anc (i have never use it before because my right now portable headphones are B&W p5w, i don't know if anc affects the phone calls with noise, wind.....)
EQ in the app (i don't know if i will need to use it but i am happy to be there)
multi pairing
Cons: 
Connections and general function (i don't know if the connection isssues still exist now and then with the next ios updates)
Big case
Bluetooth 5.0 
not so good style and built as mw08 (i prefer mw08)
maybe thicker than mw08 (i wish to fall in sleep with them to take advantage of the strong anc)
not so good battery length (what about fast charging)
Shipping to Greece

MW08
Pros: 
Very stylish, great built
small and strong case
great battery
bluetooth 5.2 (although many reviews mention that the buds doesn't take advantage of the 5.2, poor range, not multi connections, but
maybe will in have the benefits with next updates)
not shipping in Greece (yet i don't know if they include my country in the near future)
Cons:
Less deeper punchy bass (although gymcaddy in his review mention for the too much bass), not as loud as Gemini
Physical buttons and likely affect the fit ( i am not sure if this is in cons, depends from the fingers, i have to test it to be sure)
weaker anc
no eq in the app (someting tells me that they will not enter it it in future update, maybe it's the brand audio policy, like B&W, buds
simply doesn't need it)
no wirelles case (i don't know if i will use it and if i need it)

I don't know if i miss something, for me the best thing for mw08 is the battery and the stylish and if the sound signature is near to Gemini
maybe i will go for them. As for Gemini is the deeper bass and the eq in the app. I don't know about the strong anc because i never use it and i don't know what it is exactly.
Thank you for reading
(18-Apr-2021, 11:19)zevedeos Wrote:
(18-Apr-2021, 05:52)ECA77 Wrote:
(17-Apr-2021, 22:50)zevedeos Wrote: Have you used both Gemini and Mw08? I'm very curious about the audio quality (soundstage, clarity, rich sound) which one do you prefer most? I know that mw08's app doesn't support eq but no one in the reviews i have readen makes clear if they need it in their audio tests. After all which one do you suggest for better fit and usability? As you can imagine i am between these two for purchase.
thank you. 

Thank you for your reply, do you have any issues with connections with Gemini after the latest update? I am asking this because i compare the cons and pros for each buds and the connection flawless is very important for me. I wish my buds to auto connect to my ios phone everytime i take them out of the case and off cource disconnect when the turn back in the case. 
Pros and cons (please correct me if i am wrong):

Gemini
Pros: Sound with deeper bass ( i am fun of deeper punchy bass, but not with v shape sound)
wireless case
no buttons (for me is in pros, i dont know for you)
better fit maybe 
better anc (i have never use it before because my right now portable headphones are B&W p5w, i don't know if anc affects the phone calls with noise, wind.....)
EQ in the app (i don't know if i will need to use it but i am happy to be there)
multi pairing
Cons: 
Connections and general function (i don't know if the connection isssues still exist now and then with the next ios updates)
Big case
Bluetooth 5.0 
not so good style and built as mw08 (i prefer mw08)
maybe thicker than mw08 (i wish to fall in sleep with them to take advantage of the strong anc)
not so good battery length (what about fast charging)
Shipping to Greece

MW08
Pros: 
Very stylish, great built
small and strong case
great battery
bluetooth 5.2 (although many reviews mention that the buds doesn't take advantage of the 5.2, poor range, not multi connections, but
maybe will in have the benefits with next updates)
not shipping in Greece (yet i don't know if they include my country in the near future)
Cons:
Less deeper punchy bass (although gymcaddy in his review mention for the too much bass), not as loud as Gemini
Physical buttons and likely affect the fit ( i am not sure if this is in cons, depends from the fingers, i have to test it to be sure)
weaker anc
no eq in the app (someting tells me that they will not enter it it in future update, maybe it's the brand audio policy, like B&W, buds
simply doesn't need it)
no wirelles case (i don't know if i will use it and if i need it)

I don't know if i miss something, for me the best thing for mw08 is the battery and the stylish and if the sound signature is near to Gemini
maybe i will go for them. As for Gemini is the deeper bass and the eq in the app. I don't know about the strong anc because i never use it and i don't know what it is exactly.
Thank you for reading