Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini versus Sony WF-1000XM4
I’m thinking about getting a pair of wireless earbuds to use with my iPhone.

Any comments on which is better? The new Sony or the new Devialet?
Given the new Sony’s we’re just released I’d be surprised if you found any comparisons just yet. There are a few reviews up on YouTube by people who have reviewed the Devialet Gemini in the past but they don’t mention anything in comparison of the two. Most of the reviews I have seen have been very favourable for the XM4

I purchased my Gemini’s about 2-3weeks before Sony released the new xm4. There was no release date and only leaks at the time so I took the chance and got them for a good price.

Everything I have read about the Sony’s point to them being very good. I’m sure they are better than the Gemini’s in some respects. Battery life is probably the most noticeable one based on people’s constant complaints.

I love my Gemini’s and haven’t had any issues with them. No excess discharge differences between earbuds, case holds it charge well when not recharged for a little while too. Sound quality is fantastic and the noise canceling works better than any other I have tried in the past and doesn’t play havoc on my middle ear and make me nauseous.

I am kind of tempted to buy the Sony’s to do a side by side but not having something that supports LDAC I’m pretty sure I will see similar results but with better battery performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(26-Jun-2021, 04:42)Mr_Bill Wrote: I’m thinking about getting a pair of wireless earbuds to use with my iPhone.

Any comments on which is better?  The new Sony or the new Devialet?

I have Gemini and new Sonys.

To me advantages of Gemini are:

1. Better overall sound (but if you didn't tried Geminis you will also love Sony's)
2. I am surprised myself, but to me ANC on Gemini is better in noise reduction and achieved noise reduction comfort (pressure relief really works).
3. Generally better comfort.

Advantages of Sony's are basically everything else: 

1. Much better App.
2. Much longer battery life.
3. Much smaller case.
4. Much  more features.
5. For android users LDAC support.
6. Useful digital upscaling feature. 
7. Smooth updating process.
8. Sony regularly updates and improves earbuds.

All in al if you only care about better sound then Geminis otherwise Sonys. But difference is not that great in sound department and Sonys may even have slight advantage in sound clarity especially if source device support LDAC codec. So If I had to chose one of them then Sony for sure. Geminis basically have fantastic hardware but software is so bad that I can't recommend them to anyone that is not only sound driven.
Thank you IgorStefus!
Another comparison that would be interesting is the B&W PI7

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Great insights!