Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get the most out of my setup
Tongue 
Hello!

I`ve read alot about different setups with the Phantoms on this forum, with many different ways connect the Phantoms up. I know many of you are good with this, so I just wonder if i can connect mine in a different way to get the most out of them. Seem like people use extra "boxes" that you can connect within the setup, but I am pretty amateur when it comes to HiFi setups Rolleyes

Today i got my my two silvers connected to the same powerstrip, Dialog connected to my Airport Extreme on a 100/100mb network, and Optical from Dialog to my TV.

I stream mostly from Spotify on high quality via Spotify Connect when i play music, and TV plays via Optical when i use it.

Is my setup and OK setup to get a good quality stream, or do you think i get a loss in quality with my type of setup? 

For me it works good, easy to switch from streaming music from my phone or PC, to watch movies on my TV, but if you can see any bottlenecks with this type of setup please let me know :Smile 

Thanks!
Looks good to me

I don’t even bother with the airport express now and just my main Virgin router and all is well

Only extra box is for vinyl set up to get it into optical 

I get the odd glitch and need to reboot once every month or 2 - but I haven’t got round to putting them back on Ethernet, which was flawless, since moving my speakers Smile
Plug it in and play some music. That’s it. Phantom is designed to eliminate all of the additional components or changes that would be made to a traditional audiophile amplification system. Instead it’s supposed to be plugged in and used while delivering the same experience as the traditional system or close to the same.

Plug and play. If you play HQ audio through it with maximum bittate and samplerate with no compression you’ll be hearing Phantom at its best. It won’t get better than that by changing any components. The only time it’ll get better is if Devialet tweak the EQ or DSP or other internal hardware like they have in the oast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
I can only think of one significant upgrade and that is to a lossless streaming service. While it might not be noticeable for everyone right away it definitely is in longer listening sessions or when you're used to it (so much that even my girlfriend noticed when I switched back to a non lossless source).
The biggest improvement you can make to your system is the room it's in and how it's set up. There's no tweak that can beat good absorption / reflection and a properly set up pair of speakers. The problem most people have is to do this and still have a liveable room though...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.