Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gijs' System
Hi all, my first post on the forum and it seems fitting to post my system.

In december i bought a D200 and i'm enjoying the sound tremendously. 

Naim NDX / Naim Unitiserve / Teddy Pardo PSU's --> Audioquest Diamond (BNC to RCA Custom) --> Devialet 200 --> MIT CVT 1s --> Audio Physic Cardeas.

I use Shunyata power cords: Black Mamba HC, Black Mamba and Ztron Viper. My NDX and Unitiserve are connected to a switch (changed power supply to non switching model) through Audioquest Vodka cat 7 cables.

My Audioracks are Finite Elemente Tragwerk LPS (x2).

Although my speakers are not Sam ready, i am using the Sam settings of the Audio Physic Cardeas+ with great results. 

Will post pictures later, thought i had decent pictures of the setup but can't find them at the moment...
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

Hi Gijs,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to the pictures.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks Pim, 

Working on getting some decent pictures... lighting is terrible atm so will post them later.
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

First try...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Netherlands

Love what you have on the wall behind it. It looks shiny. Is it glass?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Feb-2016, 10:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Love what you have on the wall behind it. It looks shiny. Is it glass?

It's a photograph protected by a layer of plexiglass, Pim. The downside is that it creates a reflective surface behind the speakers, not entirely ideal for the setup. But we like the picture too much to hang it somewhere else. Instead i put a large plant in the corner and a rug on the floor to get rid of soundreflections and that does the trick.

The Netherlands

A few more pictures in daylight. I'm experimenting with cables so i got my Devialet placed way back on my audiorack to make room for spades. Normally it sits neatly in the middle  Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Netherlands

Today i picked up my new speaker cables. And i must say I'm really really pleased with the upgrade, the new cables made a very positive impact on my system's synergy.

I've been a user and fanatical believer of electrostatic speakers for years before i moved to our new home a year ago. The airiness of the highs and midrange electrostatic speakers bring were (for me) well worth the lack of bass and lower mids. Unfortunately my Electrostatic speakers (Final 600I) never worked well in our new living room (too many reflective surfaces, high ceiling) and my dealer offered me my current speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas (pre-loved ones in perfect condition). At first i didn't want to listen to them because i could not image i could reach the same bliss as with electrostatics. When i did listen to them i was very impressed and they matched our budget and our new room. But until today i kept missing that special something i had with my precious electrostatics. I must say the Deviatet did wonders for the Cardeas and on many occasions it came very close tot the Electrostatic feeling. It goes without saying that the Cardeas / Devialet combination surpassed the Finals' in bass / low mids in every respect (even though i had a pretty good B&W sub to supplement my Finals).

So this evening i hooked up my new speaker cables, replacing my trusting MIT CVT 1's. I tried out the Audioquest Oak speaker cables the last couple of weeks and loved what they did. Extending (it seemed) the bass and adding a lot of gravitas to many of my classical music recordings. But although the Oaks also provided better definition in the highs, i still didn't reach the level i craved for. So my dealer advised me to listen to the Redwoods. Boy i really shouldn't have. The were well above what i was prepared to pay normally, but after hearing them in my system i was sold.

I'm perfectly aware that talking cables can be like walking in a minefield. Until a few years ago i was very sceptical about what cables could do for your system. I regarded them as necessary evil. As I wanted to understand why certain cables would be better than others and i never got a satifactory answer i didn't put too much money in them. Until my current dealer persuaded me to try Shunyata powercords. I was totally convinced i was never going to hear any difference. To be honest i still regret trying them out. Ever since i have been slowly replacing what cables i had. And lets be honest it's much less fun than having a shiny new component in your cabinet. That is until you start listening to your favorite tracks!

The Netherlands

Enjoyed your set last sunday, bro!
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Very nice setup, congrats!