Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Phantom - Not enough mids and treble
(22-Sep-2022, 14:31)marius23mvp Wrote: Yes, is very clear, thank you.
At around 100$ I think it's worth a try.
Also, I don't think that the Phantoms are capable of MUCH more trebles.
I can see the difference when I go from my phone via eq, they have more trebles, but not much more.

Do you have gold phantom(s)? If not, then maybe that is the difference?
Because after I installed the wiim, it really opened up the mids, because of the 10 band eq.
No, I have a pair of Reactors
Ok, then I don’t know how much the wiim will help. However it is cheap, so it might be worth a try.
(09-Sep-2022, 09:43)Memphis_1984 Wrote: Hi all

I was so lucky to buy a cheap used Gold phantom, model: MX207, s/n: K41PxxxxxU06.

Short about my “hifi story”:

I have had budget B&W speakers for a while, then replaced them with KEF ls50 wireless, which were great, but then I got kids that couldn’t keep the fingers from the driver units.
Hence bought Audiovector QR1(with frontcover), which have really great mids and highs, because of their AMT tweeters.

Anyway, I got the option to buy a Gold phantom and as everyone else, I love the bass.

However I feel they sound a bit “muffled”.

So the question is, do you guys think that my ears have just gotten used to the sound of the Audiovectors or is there a risk that there is a fault in the phantom?

Was thinking of buying a Bluesound node and connect it by toslink, would that help change the sound?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards Andreas
A mono gold phantom will always sound more muffled  than a stereo pair...not surprising.
Have you tried the 2 band equalizer in the Devialet app ?  I like to push the mid-highs up to the max on my Gold Phantom pair, probably because my hearing is getting worse with age (I don't hear much beyond 12Khz).
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(05-Oct-2022, 01:37)eniriop Wrote:
(09-Sep-2022, 09:43)Memphis_1984 Wrote: Hi all

I was so lucky to buy a cheap used Gold phantom, model: MX207, s/n: K41PxxxxxU06.

Short about my “hifi story”:

I have had budget B&W speakers for a while, then replaced them with KEF ls50 wireless, which were great, but then I got kids that couldn’t keep the fingers from the driver units.
Hence bought Audiovector QR1(with frontcover), which have really great mids and highs, because of their AMT tweeters.

Anyway, I got the option to buy a Gold phantom and as everyone else, I love the bass.

However I feel they sound a bit “muffled”.

So the question is, do you guys think that my ears have just gotten used to the sound of the Audiovectors or is there a risk that there is a fault in the phantom?

Was thinking of buying a Bluesound node and connect it by toslink, would that help change the sound?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards Andreas
A mono gold phantom will always sound more muffled  than a stereo pair...not surprising.
Have you tried the 2 band equalizer in the Devialet app ?  I like to push the mid-highs up to the max on my Gold Phantom pair, probably because my hearing is getting worse with age (I don't hear much beyond 12Khz).

Hi

I used two band eq, which was acceptable.

However, I added a wiim mini streamer, which has a 10 band eq, and this is what made the difference for me. 
It might not be audiophile-correct, but I think is sounds way better in my ears.
See photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

thanks for the suggestion i think i'll give the WiiM a try as well
I think that there is something wrong with your installation, maybe your internet or powerdistribution.
just got the mini streamer installed and it has been well worth the 80 bucks. had to play with the latency a bit on the devialet app i watch alot of videos online and it needs to sync up. the 10 band eq is something i've been acheing for for a while now.

thanks
(10-Nov-2022, 04:31)meta Wrote: just got the mini streamer installed and it has been well worth the 80 bucks. had to play with the latency a bit on the devialet app i watch alot of videos online and it needs to sync up. the 10 band eq is something i've been acheing for for a while now.

thanks

That’s great news! With the price in mind, I think the wiim is a fantastic product!

Have a good day.
update: when it works it's fantastic. one issue i get is it will cut off sometimes and i have to reconnect. other than that i have no issues.

my guesses are: latency, timeout setting, some other wifi setting? will have to experiment.

looks like my phone was fighting with my imac for dominance to connect to the Diavelet app. at least there is a solid avenue of troubleshooting. so far so good
made sure to kill everything on phone and playing for 5+ hours. no disconnects so far