Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Phantom plastic enclosure not flush?
Tongue 
Hey everyone, new here, 1st post, I hope I got the forum right Smile 

Just bought a Gold Phantom and, because apparently, I am peculiar, I wonder if the plastic enclosure should be flush or is mine normal with its small (1-2mm, barely visible) level diff between the sides where the enclosure sides meet (both top and bottom, but on opposing sides).

I figured being plastic they can't make it flush like a metal enclosure. Does your Gold Phantom have the same level diff on the enclosure's ridge? To test run your finger from side to side and in some places the level diff should be noticeable.

The only reason I ask is that I am _that guy_ who gets trolled/conned and has a story afterwards, and I'd hate to have been sold by our local store a refurbished or previously opened piece. Otherwise the sound is excellent!
This belongs in the "Phantom Premier: Classic, Silver, Gold" section. Maybe @Rufus McDufus can move it?
I don't own Phantoms, but I've never noticed any unevenness on the ones I've seen. Not on any of the photos either.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
The units are assembled from 2 halves and are a reasonable fit but not super smooth. There is some slight unevenness but not something that worried me.

If you feel you have a defective unit, please contact Devialet Support.
Thank you @Snoopy8 for confirming my observation Smile "Slight unevenness" is how I'd describe it as well so it seems it's all good. Lovely!

Also thanks for moving this to the right spot @ogs !