Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Phantom
Quote:"dont sort ces jours-ci la nouvelle version enrichie «Gold phantom» (2500 euros l’unité)"

Name, price, date ("in the coming days")... and even picture :

http://www.gettyimages.co.jp/detail/ニュース.../541939754
That's a very pale looking 'gold'. So that must be the new Phantom with 4500Watt.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Maybe the side panel is gold instead of chrome. I new he just went to get a freebie.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
https://store.devialet.com/no_en/gold-phantom.html
According to the Norwegian stor, here are the differences, compared to a Silver Phantom:
- 4,500W vs. 3,000w, 108dBSPL@1m vs. 105dBSPL@1m
- Distortion: 0.0005% (down from 0.001%), Background Noise : 0,5 dB SPL at 50cm (the same measurement used to be quoted at 3m)
- ADH Intelligence v2
- SAM v2
- seems to have a new DAC integrated into ADH Intelligence v2
- the side drivers seem to be white like the non-Silver Phantom but the metal side plates are apparently "22-carat pink-gold-plated"

The frequency response is also written differently, 14Hz-27kHz-6dB | 20Hz-20kHz±2dB (compared to 16Hz-25kHz±2dB@82dBSPL, 28Hz-25kHz±2dB@92dBSPL, 49Hz-25kHz±2dB@102dBSPL).
I'm still not sure a Gold Phantom was necessary. It only appears to be about 5% better than the Silver one. I still think they should have put analogue phono connections on the rear to use it with conventional preamps. I think that would have appealed to more folk who maybe aren't too fussed on streaming services like myself.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(22-Jun-2016, 13:53)Hissbull Wrote: https://store.devialet.com/no_en/gold-phantom.html

Interestingly, not yet available on the French Devialet Web site (nor the UK site for the matter)...