Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goldenear Reference
A quick FYI for anyone considering the GoldenEar Reference speaker.

I was running GoldenEar Triton 2s with a Pro 130 - for about 10 months.

Just traded Triton 2s for Triton Reference.

All I can say 10 hours into this is WOW - what a combination.  The Triton 2s were great, the References are HUGE and so is the sound field.

Clarity across the board improved drastically from really good to unbelievable.

Keep in mind, I've heard very few systems in my life with this similar level of equipment.  So, to my ears - it's amazing.

I have zero interest in any equipment manufacturer - I'm an accountant by trade that happens to be willing to spend money on good sound.

Curious if any others have paired the GoldenEar Reference speakers to a Pro model?  Just to see if my amazement is paralleled by more experience folks.

Oh - sources are Google Music and Deezer - via Air sometimes, via Sonos Connect (using $100 coax cable) other times.
I have D200 with Triton One, and my searching is over for now.
(26-Sep-2017, 22:27)charliecoyote Wrote: A quick FYI for anyone considering the GoldenEar Reference speaker.

I was running GoldenEar Triton 2s with a Pro 130 - for about 10 months.

Just traded Triton 2s for Triton Reference.

All I can say 10 hours into this is WOW - what a combination.  The Triton 2s were great, the References are HUGE and so is the sound field.

Clarity across the board improved drastically from really good to unbelievable.

Keep in mind, I've heard very few systems in my life with this similar level of equipment.  So, to my ears - it's amazing.

I have zero interest in any equipment manufacturer - I'm an accountant by trade that happens to be willing to spend money on good sound.

Curious if any others have paired the GoldenEar Reference speakers to a Pro model?  Just to see if my amazement is paralleled by more experience folks.

Oh - sources are Google Music and Deezer - via Air sometimes, via Sonos Connect (using $100 coax cable) other times.

Just checking after many years if you are still happy with the Trefs and GE reference. I am considering a devialet amp and wondering how this combination would sound ?