Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good quality Toslink cable for Phantom Gold...?
(19-Jun-2020, 12:14)ragwo Wrote: Sorry to hear about your problems. Are you on DOS2?
I'm using an Allo DigiOne with Ropieee as a Roon Endpoint and I've had no problems with 24/192 streaming with a cheap ebay toslink connected to one of the Phantoms. I'm still on DOS1 though.
Hi .. curious how you are connecting the s/pdif out on the digione via toslink to the phantom?  is there an adapter you can recommend?

I'm recently interested in making roon endpoint to feed my phantom but am a little unsure on the best way to do that... hifiberry digi pro seems like a good option with its toslink out, but from what I gather the allo digione (sig) is a superior solution....

Best
Richard
(11-Jul-2020, 16:55)badday Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 12:14)ragwo Wrote: Sorry to hear about your problems. Are you on DOS2?
I'm using an Allo DigiOne with Ropieee as a Roon Endpoint and I've had no problems with 24/192 streaming with a cheap ebay toslink connected to one of the Phantoms. I'm still on DOS1 though.
Hi .. curious how you are connecting the s/pdif out on the digione via toslink to the phantom?  is there an adapter you can recommend?

I'm recently interested in making roon endpoint to feed my phantom but am a little unsure on the best way to do that... hifiberry digi pro seems like a good option with its toslink out, but from what I gather the allo digione (sig) is a superior solution....

Best
Richard
I'm using a Cyp DCT-2, it supports up to 24/192. Works well for me.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.ph...cts_id=364
You might find this of interest.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(11-Jul-2020, 21:27)avta Wrote: http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.ph...cts_id=364
You might find this of interest.
Thank you...I order a Lifatec cable and still waiting to arrive...those are definitely cheaper options... ?
I've used Lifatec before. They're well made.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(26-Jun-2020, 16:21)njaiswal Wrote: I'm using the lowest tier of optical cables from AudioQuest and are really happy with them.

How many of the Phantoms are you playing in the same room? results?
Transducers: Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 on Crystal Cable Special Series AC Cords 
Amplifier: Peachtree Nova 500 on Sine Nidas HC Power cord
Source: Tidal on PC I9-9900K 32GB RTX 2070 on Stealth Swift Power cord
Interconnects: Mytek USB Cord / Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire / Supra Speaker cables
In Ears: Sure SE846 / Empire LEGEND X

I'm in the Capital of Scandinavia, Stockholm
[quote="rsemedo" pid="93937" dateline="1592536546"]
Looking for people with experience of using the Toslink port in the Phantom Gold's for 192/24 quality tracks  with no problems, drop outs, etc....that can recommend a good cable...?

To give some context, after waiting and waiting and waiting for Roon support in our Phatom's and to solve my need to have good Chromecast integration for voice control (Spotify) I bought this fantastic all-in-one box the Primare NP5....when I thought I finally found my nirvana and just could star enjoying my music...new problem...not all Toslink cables are made the same and at High Resolutions around 176k+ things get messy with the signal transmission and I'm having issues playing 192k tracks with the Golds, it loses the connection all together "no cable connected", etc....this High Res world it's just a mess... ? ....if I set things to 96k all works fantastic, not a prob with my Toslink standard cable...but I don't need this system for that res and just feel like selling the all thing and go back to my "normal" analog speakers world I came for....

Devialet Phantom Premier speakers do not support 24/192 optical input.
The sound is intermittent and reliable.
Then the speaker doesn't find the optical input. dos2.xx mode
Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.
(15-Oct-2020, 07:26)Lee inseok Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 04:15)rsemedo Wrote: Looking for people with experience of using the Toslink port in the Phantom Gold's for 192/24 quality tracks  with no problems, drop outs, etc....that can recommend a good cable...?

To give some context, after waiting and waiting and waiting for Roon support in our Phatom's and to solve my need to have good Chromecast integration for voice control (Spotify) I bought this fantastic all-in-one box the Primare NP5....when I thought I finally found my nirvana and just could star enjoying my music...new problem...not all Toslink cables are made the same and at High Resolutions around 176k+ things get messy with the signal transmission and I'm having issues playing 192k tracks with the Golds, it loses the connection all together "no cable connected", etc....this High Res world it's just a mess... ? ....if I set things to 96k all works fantastic, not a prob with my Toslink standard cable...but I don't need this system for that res and just feel like selling the all thing and go back to my "normal" analog speakers world I came for....

Devialet Phantom Premier speakers do not support 24/192 optical input.
The sound is intermittent and reliable.
Then the speaker doesn't find the optical input. dos2.xx mode

Best quality/price ratio around? 

http://www.jenving.com/products/network-122
Transducers: Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 on Crystal Cable Special Series AC Cords 
Interconnects: Mytek USB Cord / Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire / Supra Speaker cables

(14-Oct-2020, 23:55)The Knife Wrote:
(26-Jun-2020, 16:21)njaiswal Wrote: I'm using the lowest tier of optical cables from AudioQuest and are really happy with them.

How many of the Phantoms are you playing in the same room? results?

In the family room I have 5 phantoms (3 Golds and 2 Reactor 900) and in the living room I have 3 golds.  Both rooms sound amazing.  When listening to music in the family room, there are instances where the bass is just way too much.  Otherwise the systems in both rooms are exceeding my expectations.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
...Interesting. Must be a wall of sound with so many drivers working together from different spots. Yes, this thing with the base. The Phantoms surely give plenty of it. It is superfast, precise and have tremendous power behind, pushing air into the walls, making them shaking... I like to play loud :-).
I am not convinced wall shaking is a good thing.