Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good setup?
Hello 

I have 2 Phantom Golds and I am planning on getting a Rega Planer 6 Ania and a Pro-ject Phono Box DS2 USB. 
The phono box has an optical output so it looks like everything’s compatible with each other but I’m just looking for confirmation that this will work well together and with the Phantoms. 

Any other ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.
(25-Feb-2021, 02:38)ARandomMan Wrote: Hello 

I have 2 Phantom Golds and I am planning on getting a Rega Planer 6 Ania and a Pro-ject Phono Box DS2 USB. 
The phono box has an optical output so it looks like everything’s compatible with each other but I’m just looking for confirmation that this will work well together and with the Phantoms. 

I can wholehearthly recommend the Parks Audio Puffin RIAA, it would knock the socks off the ProJect Phono Box, if RIAAs weared socks. The Puffin has a fantazillion adjustments and sounds just great. I sold my Gold Note PH-10 with external PSU, at 6x the price, and I don't regret it. 

http://parksaudiollc.com/
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(05-Mar-2021, 00:09)ragwo Wrote:
(25-Feb-2021, 02:38)ARandomMan Wrote: Hello 

I can wholehearthly recommend the Parks Audio Puffin RIAA, it would knock the socks off the ProJect Phono Box, if RIAAs weared socks. The Puffin has a fantazillion adjustments and sounds just great. I sold my Gold Note PH-10 with external PSU, at 6x the price, and I don't regret it. 

http://parksaudiollc.com/

I’ll have a look at this thanks
What about this, says it’s coming soon.
https://www.devialet.com/en-au/accessories/arch/
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
There are already a few DC members using Arch. It is certainly very good with Phantoms as it integrates (sends it's output) directly via the network. Whether it has Puffin's sound quality is still an open question...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Very happy with the Arch, sounds very good with my Ortofon Quintet Black MC (0.3mv) + Ortofon T-5 step up transformers.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL
(11-Mar-2021, 20:18)sven911 Wrote: Very happy with the Arch, sounds very good with my Ortofon Quintet Black MC (0.3mv) + Ortofon T-5 step up transformers.

That certainly looks like a stellar setup! Now if Devialet could put an equaliser (like Sweet Room) in Phantoms all would get even better! Is input switching in Phantoms between for example RAAT and Arch automatic?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(11-Mar-2021, 23:03)ogs Wrote:
(11-Mar-2021, 20:18)sven911 Wrote: Very happy with the Arch, sounds very good with my Ortofon Quintet Black MC (0.3mv) + Ortofon T-5 step up transformers.

That certainly looks like a stellar setup! Now if Devialet could put an equaliser (like Sweet Room) in Phantoms all would get even better! Is input switching in Phantoms between for example RAAT and Arch automatic?

Input is switching automatically to Roon when Roon starts playing, switching to the Arch sources is done manually with the Phantom App.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL
@sven911 - I love the record rack. May I ask what it is?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(13-Mar-2021, 13:36)Confused Wrote: @sven911 - I love the record rack.  May I ask what it is?

It was custom build by a cabinet maker based on the original by Kai Takeshima. 

KAI TAKESHIMA

https://www.kaitakeshima.com/collection 

Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL