Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good timing for buying a D200 today?
Kian, a friend once said " Hobby, as opposed to work, takes more time, costs more and often doesn't make sense". It deals with emotion and passion, not efficiency or cost effectiveness.
How long will the wait be before there's news about a new model or replacement. I can speak for myself, it's a journey of adventure and exploration, sometimes wonderful while other times not quite so.
As far as Devialet is concern, it's one of the best discoveries I have come across. I am enjoying this piece of equipment very much. Glad I took the plunge, even before i audition it.

Hope you will come to decision that you are comfortable with.

Cheers
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
(24-Jan-2016, 01:32)Giddy707 Wrote: Kian, a friend once said " Hobby, as opposed to work,  takes more time, costs more and often doesn't make sense".  It deals with emotion and passion, not efficiency or cost effectiveness.
How long will the wait be before there's news about a new model or replacement. I can speak for myself, it's a journey of adventure and exploration, sometimes wonderful while other times not quite so.
As far as Devialet is concern, it's one of the best discoveries I have come across.  I am enjoying this piece of equipment very much. Glad I took the plunge, even before i audition it.

Hope you will come to decision that you are comfortable with.

Cheers

That's why we spent so much time and money in HiFi hobby. One point - they may announce new Expert or upgrade plan at Munich. But it might be another few months before the new models or upgrade come out. So maybe nine months from now. IMHO go for an used D200 is a good choice.
Used D200s are hard to find.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
it can be found here in Germany but the prices are not tempting enough to go for a used one with 1 year of age. there is nothing below 5700€, just 1200€ below the original price.

I'll wait for the offer my hifi dealer will make me. also, I expect delivery times of approx. 6 weeks for the Sopra's, maybe until then Devialet has some news on their plans for 2016.
That's the problem isn't it? When the new and improved model does come out, just imagine how many D200's will be on Ebay, part exchanged at dealers etc. Although there is a D200 on Ebay for £3895 "buy it now", and nobody had bought it yet. So there may be some bargains to be had if you are a little patient.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I am a bit like Pim, I kept my last amp for a long time before buying a D-Premier. I bought a second D-Premier and used them as dual mono for a long time. I was indecisive about updating them but eventually did but on balance, since my 2 main pairs of speakers will never have a SAM file, I regret the cost of the update and wish I had not bothered.
I did use HDMI on the old one, have never used USB on the new one and mainly use LP, and CD so the dual mono D-Premier was all I needed and is/was the nearest thing to a completely transparent amplifier I have heard.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Kian, only you can decide! Wink

Personally, I would wait - not necessarily because Munich might bring new models but it might give a flavour of what's to come, and where the line is headed (if you care).  But if you want to listen to it now and you already know you like the model on offer, then....

Personally, I think 1,200 euros off a good condition D200 is a decent saving if available - it will certainly help with depreciation if a new model does come out soon. That said it would be an odd move for Devialet to release a 'statement' product which is essentially a pimped 800, and then release newer, better, models straight after - it wouldn't exactly make those '900' buyers ecstatic - but you never know.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Im in the same boat as you Kian.
I currently have a d200 on home demo and am trying to decide which way I will go.
Fortunately its a demo unit and is fairly well reduced from RRP.
Good luck with your decision!
Cheers
Bob
just ordered the d200 together with the sopra 2. will know more once the setup is here friday next week.

the discount was good enough, which made the purchase of a used d200 irrelevant. i am happy and excited.

thanks for your advice guys.
(30-Jan-2016, 19:23)k1282 Wrote: just ordered the d200 together with the sopra 2. will know more once the setup is here friday next week.

the discount was good enough, which made the purchase of a used d200 irrelevant. i am happy and excited.

thanks for your advice guys.

Good on you! Enjoy!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.