Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(26-Jul-2016, 03:26)Damon Wrote: Hi hk,

It will be very interesting to see what is actually involved with the upgrade. I'm not ruling out the possibility, but I never come home and listen to music, and then start to itch for more. Then again, once I heard the Devialet, I had that itch.... So I'm just going to hang around and see what falls out of the tree, so to speak. I agree that the D120 appears to get the biggest relative improvement, in terms of power at least,  but we still won't have the extra inputs or pre-out facility that the D200 has.

I must avoid listening to the upgraded amp, or else I better start saving my beer bottles now.

I think Jnan will upgrade. I know he feels his speakers need more power. He and I have spoken on the telephone several times- the last time when I was on a sailboat off the coast of Croatia. That went over very well with my wife, I can tell you. Jnan is a terrific fellow, and he has been a great help to me - thanks JD!.

I have already sent email to Devialet requesting for how do I take it forward for upgrade  Wink . However received auto email with ticket number. Hope it works as easy as the emails work.

Btw there is pre-out added when Le 120 becomes 220 Pro.
Read the text "New advanced phono stage including pre-out functionality" on the link -> http://en.devialet.com/expertpro/#upgrade-en-us/  (under 120->220 Pro)

Regarding Le 200 becoming 220 Pro, i agree with many here regarding cost for upgrade. Devs have got it wrong, because if you read carefully there is no addition of Pre-Out functionality for 220 Pro, as it already exists and they should have removed that cost from Upgrade program for Le 200.

My last request for possible addition of pre-out for my Le 120 was around ~ Sg$ 770 (give or take few)
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
In my opinion it's criminal that D-Premier can do the same upgrade for the same price as an already upgraded DP or original 250. Who the hell thought this was a sound decision???

The only upgrade scenarios that look to make sense are the DP > 250 PRO & 120 > 220 PRO ... All others seem like much less bang for the buck.

In my opinion the best deal is buying a DP 2nd hand and paying the upgrade price to a 250 PRO. This method gets you a 250 PRO for about $10k all in or equivalent to the price of a retail 200 (or now 220 PRO) - Not sure I understand Devialet logic.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(26-Jul-2016, 05:38)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 03:26)Damon Wrote: Hi hk,

It will be very interesting to see what is actually involved with the upgrade. I'm not ruling out the possibility, but I never come home and listen to music, and then start to itch for more. Then again, once I heard the Devialet, I had that itch.... So I'm just going to hang around and see what falls out of the tree, so to speak. I agree that the D120 appears to get the biggest relative improvement, in terms of power at least,  but we still won't have the extra inputs or pre-out facility that the D200 has.

I must avoid listening to the upgraded amp, or else I better start saving my beer bottles now.

I think Jnan will upgrade. I know he feels his speakers need more power. He and I have spoken on the telephone several times- the last time when I was on a sailboat off the coast of Croatia. That went over very well with my wife, I can tell you. Jnan is a terrific fellow, and he has been a great help to me - thanks JD!.

I have already sent email to Devialet requesting for how do I take it forward for upgrade  Wink . However received auto email with ticket number. Hope it works as easy as the emails work.

Read the text "New advanced phono stage including pre-out functionality" on the link -> http://en.devialet.com/expertpro/#upgrade-en-us/  (under 120->220 Pro)

Regarding Le 200 becoming 220 Pro, i agree with many here regarding cost for upgrade. Devs have got it wrong, because if you read carefully there is no addition of Pre-Out functionality for 220 Pro, as it already exists and they should have removed that cost from Upgrade program for Le 200.

My last request for possible addition of pre-out for my Le 120 was around ~ Sg$ 770 (give or take few)

I think the point you're missing regarding the pre-out is that it will dost the same for Devialet to replace the innards of a 120 as it does to replace the innards of a 200. Hence the same cost.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
@Damon, @Jnan, as far as I know, both Le120 and Le200 will be upgraded to 220pro. Both will have the same board and hence, all functionality. Once Le120 being upgraded, it will be exactly the same as upgraded Le200. I was told back in June that Le120 is having the best deal on this upgrade program. Initially, the rumor was that Le200 will be upgraded to 300 watts on power. Now that it is only 20w extra, the cost to upgrade a Le200 is not value-for-money, considering a Le120 get boosted with 100w for the same price.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Gents,

Thanks for all your comments.

1. I agree that we should first demo the new pro line and see what benefits we are getting
2. However, considering I paid 7.000 euro only last year, paying another 3.500 euro does not seem to be right. I decided to get Le200 when I was considering to buy a new DAC and the idea of having good amp/dac and other etc in addition to sound quality made me to buy Devialet. I did not think of paying another 3.500 euro 1.5 years later
3. Earlier this year, I was about to buy a companion and made my unit Le400 so I do not know whether not to buy was a good decision or not. If I would hv bought it, I would have paid in total about 13.000 Euros and when I will upgrade to Pro, another 6.000 euro which would have made my total investment to 19.000 Euros. I think there is no option to upgrade to Le440 straight from Le200?
4. It is not about frustration of Le120 will pay the same amount so I will not upgrade. What I believe is it is not right considering the price difference of 2.000 Euros at the initial purchase.
5.If I would hv paid by Le200, for instance 3-4 years ago, perhaps upgrading and paying eur 3.500 would not be that much hurting.
For me there are several options:

- Don't upgrade at all. I'm very happy with my D200: If there wouldn't be an upgrade possible, I don't think I'd sell my D200 and buy a D220.
- Wait for more info on the D220: How's the sound quality? what's the benefit of DevialetOS? What about this new DAC? WIll the warranty be extended for 5 more years? What will this new streamer board costs?
(Personally I think the 2017 streamer board should be free for all 120/200/250/400/800 owner because of the grief with AIR)
- Score a cheap D200 and go D400.

All are options for me, for now I'll wait and see.
Whatever you think of the fact it costs the same to upgrade a 120 or a 200, I don't think Devialet will lower the upgrade price for a 200.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(26-Jul-2016, 06:32)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 05:38)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 03:26)Damon Wrote: I must avoid listening to the upgraded amp, or else I better start saving my beer bottles now.

I think the point you're missing regarding the pre-out is that it will dost the same for Devialet to replace the innards of a 120 as it does to replace the innards of a 200. Hence the same cost.
The Pre-Out is a seperate board correct? if not why will I be told to pay Sig$ 770 for installation of the extra board. Now on Le200, the pre-out board already exists, hence i was alluding that the cost for Le 200 -> 220P should have costed so much less. I m sorry, do I make sense Smile
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I am also very unhappy to see this massive upgrade costs. I bought my unit after christmas last year. And now there is a big upgrade that cost more then half the price i paid. I feel like they are kidding me?!
My main interest is the streamer. But we need this hardware upgrade to be compatible. right?
Will the streamer cost extra money? or do we get it free when we upgrade now?
They should offer the 200 owners to upgrade to a new 250pro this would be a nice deal. then they can to with our old 200 whatever they like... but this is the worst deal ever.
Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC | Expert 220 Pro | Canton Karat AS500
Canton Karat Reference 2.2 DC | Expert 400
ROON Server | Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F | Mellanox Connect-X 3 40G | Samsung PM1725a 3.2TB
Ultrasone Edition 8 EX | Coord MOJO + POLY

This is hilarious. Are they out of their minds. The original D Premier was 16000USD. Upgrade to D250, plus 4800. Now upgrade to D250P +4600. Thats 25,400USD in the hole for a product thats 4th down in their lineup.

I just bought a used D200 for 4000USD. Likely not a world different then the D250.

Where the hell is Devialet sense of loyalty to their clients or at least their original customers. Nowhere to be found seemingly.

At the very LEAST the D250 upgrades should be offered a free upgrade to the D250P. These practices show the ONLY thing they care about is money.
Sam

Raidho D1/ Devialet D200
microRendu/ sonicTransporter/ ROON
Audience AU24e Speaker Cable
Cardas USB Cable
Transparent Powerlink Power Cable
Audience AR1P Conditioner

System 2
Meridian F80
Chromcast Audio (w/ Native TIDAL and DS Audio)
MIT Optical Cable
The streamer will be free for those who own a Pro, whether it is from an upgrade or a new one. So instead of thinking that the upgrade is half the price of your existing unit, I would wait and see what the new streamer board is like and compare that with an external streamer of the same cost as the upgrade. That's comparing apples with apples. Until then, it's all speculation and guessing.

As for the 120 gets 100W more and the 200 only 20; The 250 gets no extra power. So the value needs to lie in the sound quality upgrade and the streamer. Probably more so the streamer because I can't see the sound quality get much better than it already is.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.