Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google using AI for Room Correction
(06-Oct-2017, 08:30)agentsmith Wrote: And from my understanding even today if Devialet HQ cooperate, you could in theory send your room data to Devialet they can produce a customized configuration file to tailor the Devialet to your room and speakers.

Is this still on their website? I inquired about this some time ago. The answer was (something like) "we do not do this anymore". My understanding at the time was that the adoption was pure amplitude correction, so you couldn't have a convolution filter profiled for use in the DSP.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It is funny how the "high end" often ignores the progress of "consumer-grade crap" until the former state of the art is eclipsed by the commodity level. Our hobby has plenty of this hubris. One of the reasons I chose Devialet is that they seem to combine a discerning attention to high-end sound with modern sensibilities about the rate of progress. Our rooms remain one of the hardest limitations to overcome. It would lovely to see Devialet bring high-end room correction to their products. It really would improve the sound in the real world of our houses. I hope they do it before Google, B&O, Kii, or the others eclipse them.
There is room correction with every Devialet expert already, since Roon is available. It is at a very high level with the included DSP mode. Haven't had the time yet, but will try it myself until end of year, latest.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-guide...roon/23800
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg
I suggested to their Staff, as soon as I got my Silvers, i. e. few days after they were available here in France, that a room correction with a convolution procedure is investigated in order to remain in the front of the race for audio quality and audio facilities...

I don't received any answer from yet, but I hope that the staff still have this project in their todo list...

I tried to correct the response of the Phantom system in real time through several methods, but the lag is presently too long (160 ms for the Silvers it seems...). I'll investigate the REW+ROON suggested by Listener in a near future, but still remain not very optimistic about the results. Anyway, I've to make the experiment before any conclusion...
I don’t see any reason why Roon/Rew room correction shouldn’t work with Phantom, and the time lag shouldn’t prove a problem. 
I reckon it would give you greatly improved sound.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Yes, but the problem is that how can I use the Roon's room correction with turntable or any other inputs of the Devialet? The only solution is to have some kind of built-in room correction feature in Devialet.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I love the way deviousalet explain it, I feel the same.

Devialet Phantom is an extreme product in a lot of way and people that buy it are looking for the very best sound. But I think Apple / Google and company like Sonos that are making consumer grade will get some potential Devialet customers.

(08-Oct-2017, 00:41)deviousalet Wrote: One of the reasons I chose Devialet is that they seem to combine a discerning attention to high-end sound with modern sensibilities about the rate of progress. Our rooms remain one of the hardest limitations to overcome. It would lovely to see Devialet bring high-end room correction to their products. It really would improve the sound in the real world of our houses. I hope they do it before Google, B&O, Kii, or the others eclipse them.
(09-Oct-2017, 00:39)Axel Wrote: I don’t see any reason why Roon/Rew room correction shouldn’t work with Phantom, and the time lag shouldn’t prove a problem. 
I reckon it would give you greatly improved sound.

I hope you're right, but my last experience using a professional software from Sonarworks failed in the final step because the lag was too large...
I'll give it a try asap !
I had a pair of Phantom White home for test about a year ago. Doing measurements with Audiolense was no problem. Phantoms responded very well to RC.
I agree with @petrik. The convolver must run after the inputs to be available for all sources. Goes for Expert amps as well as Phantoms. I use Roon today and I am very happy with their convolver (or the whole DSP...), but I am still waiting for a solution that enables me to play 'live' vinyl through a convolver
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(09-Oct-2017, 14:14)ogs Wrote: I had a pair of  Phantom White home for test about a year ago. Doing measurements with Audiolense was no problem. Phantoms responded very well to RC.
I agree with @petrik. The convolver must run after the inputs to be available for all sources. Goes for Expert amps as well as Phantoms. I use Roon today and I am very happy with their convolver (or the whole DSP...), but I am still waiting for a solution that enables me to play 'live' vinyl through a convolver
Yes, we’re all in the same boat and it would be ideal if RC was done by the amp. Is it very likely though? Expert Pro owners are waiting with baited breath for the first fittings of the CI board, when it will be clear where Devialet are taking us.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England