Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great upgrade streaming phantoms
I have to say, I was skeptical of the whole power conditioner thing, but when I was buying a new TV at Best Buy, the salesman talked me into trying the lowest end Panamax power conditioner with the promise that I could return it if I didn't notice an improvement. I'm not going to rule out the possibility of a placebo effect, but I swear the phantoms sound smoother and warmer. I asked my daughter if she noticed a difference, and she said "They sound so much clearer!" So what can I tell you. I don't have any instruments to measure a difference, but my ears are happier.
Doesn’t work. Not possible.
Devialet Phantom (White)
(05-May-2018, 04:04)kmjy Wrote: Doesn’t work. Not possible.

You are absolutely wrong, just give it a try and give then comment
Believe me, I shared the skepticism. I didn't think it was possible either. Digital info is just zeroes and ones, shouldn't matter, etc.. And yet, all I can tell you is it sounds better. My daughter thinks it sounds better. My wife could care less. But if you had some sort of chronic illness and were helped by a holistic medicine that everyone told you was a placebo, would you care? Maybe? I would say, try one that you know you can return and see for yourself.
It’s still not possible though. That’s not how Phantom works or how it was designed. It functions the same no matter what.

It’s easy to perceive a difference because every time you listen the environment is a little different. The air pressure in the room. The air density. The place you stand or sit. The environment inside and outside. The amount of people in the room, and the amount of other things in the room. They effect your perception of sound and change constantly. No one listening experience will ever be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(06-May-2018, 19:30)kmjy Wrote: It’s still not possible though. That’s not how Phantom works or how it was designed. It functions the same no matter what.

It’s easy to perceive a difference because every time you listen the environment is a little different. The air pressure in the room. The air density. The place you stand or sit. The environment inside and outside. The amount of people in the room, and the amount of other things in the room. They effect your perception of sound and change constantly. No one listening experience will ever be the same.

You are wrong just try it
This is outrageous. There is no physical way it works. I am certain this is a joke, because it’s ridiculous. Your router has no effect on your damn Phantom. It’s just not a thing. There’s a whole other thread similar to this that is just as outrageous. The Phantom ALWAYS takes ONLY the fully complete and accurate data file no matter what. The router isn’t going to effect the digital data file and IF it does Phantom WILL NOT accept it until it is the PERFECT version.

Devialet Phantom (White)
This is true.
(07-May-2018, 03:33)Gremlin Wrote: This is true.

No it’s not!
(07-May-2018, 07:35)Johnnydev Wrote:
(07-May-2018, 03:33)Gremlin Wrote: This is true.

No it’s not!

Your perception can not override a physical impossibility of the technology. I know you want to believe it makes a difference but it really doesn’t. There is no way it can, whatsoever.

Devialet Phantom (White)