Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group playing
Hi
Can anyone help

I have got 03 silver phantoms at home:
Two set in the living room as stereo and one device in my office (mono).

The devices in the living have got two external sources (TV and Sonos) and another TV is connected to the third device in my office.

My question: Is it possible to play one source (for instance SONOS) to all the devices ?

Is it possible to play one external source to the phantoms located in another room?

If yes, please  tell me how ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
I think you can do this if you re run the setup and use the office phantom as the third (centre) speaker in Left/right/centre setup option. I don't think you'll get independent volume control on you're office phantom this way though - the volume set will be the same on all three.
Thanks Butuz

The lack of independent volume control will be an issue... More over, if I decide to move the third device to another room after setting up as centre/rear etc... Will it be possible to play two different external sources on 3 devices?

Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(10-Sep-2015, 20:28)angenet Wrote: Hi
Can anyone help

The devices in the living have got two external sources (TV and Sonos) and another TV is connected to the third device in my office.

My question: Is it possible to play one source (for instance SONOS) to all the devices ?

Is it possible to play one external source to the phantoms located in another room?

Thx

To play a playlist, consisting of an external source, to multi rooms you need to group the rooms.  This does not have to be performed during setup.  Check out the Devialet website, select the assistance tab, select Spark, and then navigation for screen shots.

To play an external source, you simply assign it to an appropriate rooms' playlist.
(11-Sep-2015, 17:33)alandbush Wrote:
(10-Sep-2015, 20:28)angenet Wrote: Hi
Can anyone help

Thx

To play a playlist, consisting of an external source, to multi rooms you need to group the rooms.  This does not have to be performed during setup.  Check out the Devialet website, select the assistance tab, select Spark, and then navigation for screen shots.

To play an external source, you simply assign it to an appropriate rooms' playlist.

Thanks a lot ..
now working

Cheers
 Angenet.