Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HQPlayer and Devialet Expert CI
Has anyone configured HQPlayer to work with Devialet Expert CI over the network? If so, then what configurations are required in HQPlayer and Devialet Expert CI?

I tried using AudioLinux + HQPlayer + NAA, but HQPlayer does not see the Devialet on the network. It works ok with DACs connected via USB, but does not see the Devialet in the network.
Just guessing...but could you do it using Devialet AIR as a virtual sound card, which HQPlayer sees as a usable output device?  (Probably not if you're running on Linux, though.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Sep-2021, 17:21)thumb5 Wrote: Just guessing...but could you do it using Devialet AIR as a virtual sound card, which HQPlayer sees as a usable output device?  (Probably not if you're running on Linux, though.)

Yes, I use Linux and there is no Devialet AIR virtual sound card (as far as I know).
On the other hand, I don't think I understood the HQPlayer architecture well: I installed HQPlayer and NAA on the same computer. I think the NAA needs to be installed on a separate computer, to which a DAC / Devialet is connected via USB.
I saw that HQPlayer and NAA know how to communicate with DACs via USB, but I think they can't stream directly to a network attached DAC...
I found the answer and the best solution: "Best option is to ask Devialet to include NAA software module in their DAC."
I will do that...
Just to link these related threads: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-HQPlayer...#pid103413.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK