Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard indent on the Remote just started to happen
Hello All,
Our remote has just started to have a “bumpy” bit when turning up the volume.  Anyone had this condition as a hardware issue?  Did we just get some crumbs into the inner circle of the dial?  Dunno.
But it certainly is a bummer so may take it apart to see.
Your thoughts most welcome.
Best
I opened mine up and there's a little wheel inside running along side the larger wheel. The little wheel has a rubber ring around it so that the large wheel turns the smaller one by friction. That rubber can get dirty and start slipping. I cleaned mine once and that worked. Although by your description I would say there's something stuck on the rubber and it comes back every 'round'

Mine also fell and then stopped working altogether. I took it to the dealer who sent it to the importer. They refused warranty because I had opened it. Instead of refusing warranty because it had fallen. So if I were you I would not open it but take it to the dealer. Don't call Devialet apparently... there's a thread about that.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
My 440-Pro CI Remote died this afternoon. I had installed brandnew AAA Energizer Lithium batteries this September and no way would those have died .. upon checking the voltage of those cells, still no life. I tried to pair my remote but it wouldn't respond either.

I then turned off my Devialets, re-installed the software and powered up the 400-Pro CI. Got the remote next to it and paired it. It responded. Finally, the Remote is again UP & Ready to perform ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
@Wdw

I had the 'grinding remote' feel about one year, plus or minus, into my D120 ownership. It started to feel rough and not at all like the smooth, consistent resistance that it was when new. PM at LS replaced it on the spot, as he felt it was clearly a hardware fault. I know your situation is different, but I wanted to mention that it may well be hardware rather than cake, cookies, pretzels, martini olives, or other crumblies stuck in the remote.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
It is most probably a bit of dirt.

This video shows how to clean it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRwBMqYedZQ

Best regards

Jean-Marie
PS. I have no affiliation with the authors of the video.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(29-Dec-2018, 20:30)Jean-Marie Wrote: It is most probably a bit of dirt.

This video shows how to clean it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRwBMqYedZQ

Best regards

Jean-Marie
PS. I have no affiliation with the authors of the video.

Thanks...likely some food crumbs...(I'm hoping)  so will check the video out.