Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ordered a Phantom yet?!
(24-Jan-2015, 00:17)Confused Wrote: Charlemagne - am I right that you have ordered a Dialog but not a Phantom?  I had a fairly early order for a Dialog, and I have heard nothing whatsoever from Devialet, although I can see on the Devialet order page that my order is delayed about 7 weeks from what they originally advised.

That's right, Confused, I've ordered a Dialog only. Originally my delivery date would be Jan, 21th. Later I received a mailing that it was delayed till 'after' Feb. 16th, with excuses and a voucher for a download at the Qobuz website. Today I got this new mail. They don't talk about new delays in this new mail.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I've done one of the most impulsive things in years... and ordered one just because they sent me an Invitation this weekend and I can't resist the technology! (Salesman's dream, right?). Delivery scheduled end of March.
My justification is that I'd like to use it as a combined Center-channel speaker and Subwoofer. I didn't order a Dialog at the same time, but I'm beginning to think I might need to. Does anyone know if a Phantom can accept a direct audio stream (i.e. from an AV amp, in sync with the picture) without going via a Dialog?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
@JohnnySix: my guess is that you surely will need a Dialog as well. To be shure: why don't you ask the supportdesk of Devialet? They are usually very helpfull. ChM 
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Are there any US invites yet?
Great! - Devialet support confirmed to me today that orders made before 5th January should be delivered mid-February. Orders after that should 'begin shipping around March'

They could not yet provide a firm statement of the functionality to be included in the first release of Dialog/Spark. I asked specifically whether Qobuz integration would be included but they couldn't say.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(09-Feb-2015, 17:01)PhilP Wrote: Great! - Devialet support confirmed to me today that orders made before 5th January should be delivered mid-February.  Orders after that should 'begin shipping around March'

They could not yet provide a firm statement of the functionality to be included in the first release of Dialog/Spark.  I asked specifically whether Qobuz integration would be included but they couldn't say.

Wow they really are sailing close to the wind on this one! Dodgy  I wonder if we'll even catch a glimpse of Spark at Harrods on Friday.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(09-Feb-2015, 17:01)PhilP Wrote: Great! - Devialet support confirmed to me today that orders made before 5th January should be delivered mid-February.  Orders after that should 'begin shipping around March'

They could not yet provide a firm statement of the functionality to be included in the first release of Dialog/Spark.  I asked specifically whether Qobuz integration would be included but they couldn't say.

Oh, that's very scary!  Delivery in a week or two and the functionality isn't yet fully defined?  Or have I misunderstood something...I hope so.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Today I got an email as well. They didn't mention a specific date though. So I guess my delivery date will stay the same (Feb. 16th, "as planned"). This time I got an Amazon voucher. They are talking about the Phantom, but I only ordered a Dialog. 

Quote:Dear Charlemagne,

Your Phantom is beautiful. We are putting the final touch to it in our factory and you will soon be receiving as planned, the best Implosive Sound Center in the world.

While you are waiting to be mesmerized by Phantom's ultra-dense sound with physical impact, we would like to offer you a 20€ voucher on Amazon, to enjoy an activity that makes us all better and patient ... Reading a wonderful book.

Your Amazon voucher: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Need some ideas ? We selected some of our favorite books for you. If you love the cybernetics of Phantom, you will enjoy “Robots" by Isaac Asimov. If you are more of a music fan, we recommend “Novecento" by Alessandro Baricco. And if you just want to read a timeless book, that will take you in an amazing journey, "The ginger tree" by Oswald Lynd is the book for you.

Enjoy!

We will be in touch soon,

Customer Care Devialet
Amsterdam NL
(09-Feb-2015, 20:41)thumb5 Wrote: Oh, that's very scary!  Delivery in a week or two and the functionality isn't yet fully defined?  Or have I misunderstood something...I hope so.

Perhaps they just want to surprise us all!   

To be honest I'm very relaxed about it - I don't expect much from the initial Dialog release but expect them to add functionality pretty quickly. if Qobuz support is there from the start and it sounds as good as/better than my iMac I will be ecstatic Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I'm glad that you are relaxed, Thumb5 - I wouldn't be. But that's me.

However, as it's digital, it won't sound any better or worse, surely.