Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone tried the Reactors in stereo yet?
(23-May-2019, 11:26)eniriop Wrote:
(13-May-2019, 05:54)booshtukka Wrote: Thank you!

I did buy a pair and I’m very pleased with them. I wish the app made it clearer which networking methodology they were currently using,
Actually you can choose your preferred method between Auto, wifi or PLC in the Devialet app parameters for each reactor (select  parameters and then network interface). If an ethernet cable is connected, it becomes the privileged interface.

Obviously I had found this setting. I can’t specifically choose Ethernet, only Auto. And if Ethernet is in use, there is no way for me to tell. This is what I was saying.
(26-May-2019, 09:53)booshtukka Wrote:
(23-May-2019, 11:26)eniriop Wrote:
(13-May-2019, 05:54)booshtukka Wrote: Thank you!

I did buy a pair and I’m very pleased with them. I wish the app made it clearer which networking methodology they were currently using,
Actually you can choose your preferred method between Auto, wifi or PLC in the Devialet app parameters for each reactor (select  parameters and then network interface). If an ethernet cable is connected, it becomes the privileged interface.

Obviously I had found this setting. I can’t specifically choose Ethernet, only Auto. And if Ethernet is in use, there is no way for me to tell. This is what I was saying.
If you plug the ethernet cable, then you can be sure ethernet is the default method. If you don't plug the cable, you can choose wifi or PLC instead of auto. Either way you know which method is used.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
Actually, despite connecting an Ethernet cable with only four pins did not work correctly - I needed to use an eight pin cable. I had to check the ethernet switch in the loft for a connection light. Being able to see which transport was currently in use would have helped me debug this. If I have it set to auto how can I know which is currently in use?

I’m not sure why you’re debating this. Being able to see which transport is currently in use would be very useful for me. If you don’t need it, then you could ignore it.