Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has phantom I gold 108db been refreshed since release?
I wanted to know when phantom gold 108db was release and whether or not there has been any upgrades to it .

I want to upgrade my devialet phantom I 105db for the Phantom gold 108db 4500W which is currently going for $3200 on devialet's website. 
However, I found a reseller who  wants to sell his used one for much cheaper. He says he bought it about 2 years ago. 
I wanted to know if there has been any minor/major  refreshes/improvement in the gold model that  a 2 or 3year old version may be missing and if it is worth paying for a brand new one from the store as opposed to saving about a $1000.

Thank you in advance.
The Phantom I 108 has a more powerful SOC with greater power efficiency. I don't know if it has the ADH3 module, but probably it does.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(14-Oct-2021, 08:28)ragwo Wrote: The Phantom I 108 has a more powerful SOC with greater power efficiency. I don't know if it has the ADH3 module, but probably it does.

Got it! I have not heard any of the two play before so this certainly helps.
Glad to help! I've compared the old Gold and the new 108 dB and can't hear any difference. You could use the Devialet Elevate Program to get a discount of approximately $1800 on a new 108 if you return your old Silver. On top of that you'll get a two year warranty.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I asked DEVIALET support what the benefits of the upgrade programs are when owning some gold models and they answered the beside the non glossy surface, and indicator LED at the rear, lower thermal dissipation and new running guaranty, the new model does not differ soundwise.
So I closed my purse, turned up the music and smiled.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I have the new iconic white 108db for a few weeks together with my phantoms golds.
The iconic whites are from after the last price increase.
They may not make a SQ difference with bluetooth etc. but they will with UPNP and a good streaming service such as Qobuz.

The newest ones not only have that light at the back and less energy consumption, but also a small SQ improvement.

They sound a bit more refined, with a better and more correct layered bass response.

This is not immediately after switching, but certainly after weeks of playing
I don't know if the older phantom golds can play uPnP via wireless, the newer Phantom I can

I can throw true lossless files via wifi to Phantom I with uPnP app and foobar and the SQ vs bluetooth is easily noticeable
(13-Dec-2021, 00:40)fb24601 Wrote: I don't know if the older phantom golds can play uPnP via wireless, the newer Phantom I can
The older Golds can play UPnP via wireless...
I always use UPnP and the comparison is done between the older and the new phantoms that way.