Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I bought anew 220 Pro or did me dealer fool me?
Hello everyone,

Previous week I bought a brand new Devialet 220 Expert Pro from my dealer. All packaging seemed to be new and there was plastic cover over the Devialet.

However, after registration on the Devialet side it says my device is "LE 120 > 220 PRO - EXPERT". Does this mean that I have bough a 220 that was before an 120? And if so: anybody any idea how old my device could be and is it internally 100 percent the same as a new 220?

Kr,

Stijn
For exact answer send a email with the number of the unit to Devialet. It could be, that you got an upgraded 120. Where you bought the unit?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Internaly it's in any case a 220 Pro with fully warranty.

For resale reasons I'd personally be happier if it wasn't an upgraded model and would query it and try and get a replacement if necessary.

Also if it is really that new then it'll be interesting if it has the Core Infinity board in...!
Thanks all for the comments. I contacted Devialet and they were quick to respond: it was an issue on the registration page. 

It seems I am the owner of a brand new Devialet 220.

Maybe one more question: am I also in the loop for a free streaming board or was this only when you decided to upgrade an old model?

Thanks,

Stijn
(16-Oct-2017, 19:00)Stino Wrote: Thanks all for the comments. I contacted Devialet and they were quick to respond: it was an issue on the registration page. 

Maybe one more question: am I also in the loop for a free streaming board or was this only when you decided to upgrade an old model?

Thanks,

Stijn

Your os-board will be for free

Question 
(16-Oct-2017, 19:56)Elztalbiker Wrote:
(16-Oct-2017, 19:00)Stino Wrote: Thanks all for the comments. I contacted Devialet and they were quick to respond: it was an issue on the registration page. 

Thanks,

Stijn

Your os-board will be for free

I am planning to order one Devialet 220 pro from an online shop, anyway to ensure that I will get a brand new units with full warranty instead of an upgraded one from Le200?
(02-Nov-2017, 16:52)Albert Ho Wrote: I am planning to order one Devialet 220 pro from an online shop, anyway to ensure that I  will get a brand new units with full warranty instead of an upgraded one from Le200?

That's difficult to say. And one of the reasons why most of us still prefer a dealer sale than an online one, even if it is at higher price. I would suggest that you raise your concern with the online shop and ask for the serial number of the item. You could try to ask then to the Devialet Support whether this serial number corresponds to a brand new unit or an upgraded one.

If the difference in price is not high I would advise nonetheless to buy at a dealer.
If it is a factory sealed unit, it should be new and not upgraded. An ungraded unit is technically refurbished. It cannot be sold as new. That is the law. However, I would not put it past a reseller to make it look like new by sending it to Devialet for the upgrade. If the dealer tried to pawn off an upgraded unit, you should ask for your money back. I would not be really concerned because an upgrade comes with the full factory warranty. The serial code should provide you with all the proof you need.