Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have we flattened the curve on DOS2 issues?
Based on the number of posts about DOS2 in the past few weeks, it seems that we have flattened the curve on DOS2 issues! 

Or have people given up and not posting any more about DOS2 issues?

Yes, there are a few improvements due e.g. EQ, Airplay2, RAAT but for those still on DOS1, I believe it is now safer to upgrade. I did a few days ago.
Glad to hear you have finally thought it safe enough migrate to DOS2. I’ve been waiting and reading the many threads to see what the general concerns are and whether it was safe enough to move my stereo Golds over.
I am now tempted but have a worry in that because one of my Golds was replaced by Devialet due to being faulty, I now have a “J” series and a “K” series Gold. Some people seem to have problems with different series, with stereo balance or overheating. I’m a bit worried whether I may suffer similar issues.
My DOS1 setup is pretty stable so only reason to migrate is to get the latest software.
I do use Optical into the Dialog so will want to migrate that too and keep it operational. I’m almost convincing myself to leave things as they are.
When you say the migration was painless, is it easy to follow the upgrade instructions, especially the 2 stage upgrade?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I‘m only going to upgrade when there is an advantage to it. As my system with 3 Phantoms works flawlessly 24/24h there‘s still no need. With Roon and the volume control extension and RPi as endpoints and then optical to the Phantoms (reliable up to 192k/24bit) I‘m mostly independent from Spark. From time to time I use the radio function in Spark that really works well and on Fridays the new albums on Qobuz are faster published in Spark than in Roon.
(02-May-2020, 08:20)steve_denney Wrote: When you say the migration was painless, is it easy to follow the upgrade instructions, especially the 2 stage upgrade?
Download the Devialet App and follow the instructions. It was a straight forward and easy process. Each Phantom was upgraded seperately (did not update Dialog). When the 2nd Phantom was upgraded, went through pairing step.  Was then prompted to do 2nd upgrade.