Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds?
Great post ! Thanks Pim van Vliet.

What comes to my mind, I was young, not even 10 sec, may be 4 only Smile
=> Too Precious (The Stranglers)
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Less than 10secs sometimes, more than 10 times others.
But those that lasts are the ones you need to listen over and over again.
Had another one today. Blind by Gomez. I was doing a bit of a mundane job today and had Tidal on my iPod when the song came up. I felt like cranking it up but with the iPod in my coverall pocket and greasy gloves on it had to wait. On my walk back to my room I played it again. Cracked it right up this time! Such a fun song. Nothing outrageously new, even strangely familiar (again)

Anyway, have a go. Tell me what you think.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Kaleo - 'No Good' off their A/B album. Straightforward but very enjoyable rock music plus the lead vocalist has a superb voice.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(30-Jul-2017, 19:04)PhilP Wrote: Kaleo - 'No Good' off their A/B album. Straightforward but very enjoyable rock music plus the lead vocalist has a superb voice.

I actually added some Kaleo songs to a playlist the other day too. It was all the songs I gave the thumbs up on Pandora Radio. It will be no longer available in Australia so I took some screen shots of what I had given the thumbs up and made a new list in Roon. Good stuff!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
This  is a story that took a few weeks. I was on a plane to work and streamed Fire by Beth Ditto over the flight entertainment system. Only 30 seconds into the song it stopped streaming. I tried a few times but it didn't get past the first 20-30 seconds. I liked what I heard so I kept it in mind. When at work I only stayed in places where the internet is too slow to stream so I had to wait three weeks before I finally got to hear the whole song. That was in the car on a shopping trip. I put it on repeat and cranked it up to 10% past distortion.  Big Grin

I must say it was well worth the wait. The rest of the album (Fake Sugar) is a bit too poppy for my taste so I stuck with Fire only for now. 

Beth has a great voice and I'm looking forward to trying some more of her music.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Interesting thread! So I thought I might as well revive it.

For me it is Chris Rea: "Nothing to fear"

I'm was driving on a highway one night when I played this song for the first time and the guitar intro with its mystic tunes immersed me into another world. A magical world in which the bending highway ahead of me felt like an elsuive ginie running away from my chasing high beam! I felt elated and after a little while when I heard the warm voice of Chris flowing through my speakers I knew that this song will forever stay in my favorite list and that indeed there is nothing to fear!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
A few examples:
- musica nuda live at FIP
- Yamamoto trio midnight sugar (cult jazz SACD in Japan)
- anouar Brahem the astounding eyes of Rita

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
The first answer came into my mind is Say So from Doja and Nicki Minaj. Haven't heard a song like this for so long. Cacthy and I just can't help but shimmy too ^^