Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have your sound changed over time ?
Hi,
I started in February-16 with a pair of 45 day trial Silver Phantoms, and they had a over the top Sub-bass Sound ( have written about this in other threads that the system did sound lika a 2+1 with the Sub-woofer unit turned up too much)
however I returned them to Devialet and bought a pair of second hand Silver Phantoms that now have about 9 months on the clock
I immediate found that the Bass sound was much more modest ( from the second hand units), but I don't know if it was the different production dates or that exactly when I installed them the big SW up-date with Radio and stuff came.

Now on the other hand it is almost like the bass is to weak if I don't go through my Sonos and use the EQ.
I only use Tidal + Spotify as my sources.

I understand that most of you only have got one pair ..but have the sound changed dramatically for you over time or by FW up-dates ?
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
I've had two pairs of Silver Phantom, and both changed from a bit bassy to more neutral after about 100 hours. Never experienced a change in sound due to FW updates.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(19-May-2016, 10:55)ragwo Wrote: I've had two pairs of Silver Phantom, and both changed from a bit bassy to more neutral after about 100 hours. Never experienced a change in sound due to FW updates.

Interesting. I had a single Phantom and then added a second one a few weeks later. The first one had about 100 hours on it, but I didn't become aware of any imbalance between the two speakers, which you would expect if there was such a change.
I bought a single white in February 2015 and then added a second one a year later. They both sound identical but bass was reduced sequentially with each FW update Angry
If you're using Spark make sure you haven't accidentally turned on Night mode.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
If got two pairs of white and from my experience minimum burn in is 100h.
1000 Pro, Wilson Audio Sophia 3, SOtM-200 Ultra Neo, Mutec REF10/MC-3 + USB, NUC/Audiolinux, Phantom white & gold
I second fcs impression that bass was reduced every FW update
1000 Pro, Wilson Audio Sophia 3, SOtM-200 Ultra Neo, Mutec REF10/MC-3 + USB, NUC/Audiolinux, Phantom white & gold
(19-May-2016, 18:45)cfwotzka Wrote: I second fcs impression that bass was reduced every FW update

I second it as well. Without a doubt have the bass been turned way down around 1.3 fw.