Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdmi with pinkfaun i2s bridge compitable? D- Premier
Star 
Hi,

I am building up a new audio pc and would like to buy a pinkfaun i2s bridge pci card. Would it work with devialet d-premier hdmi output? Can d-premier work with i2s?
The D-premier had a HDMI-input and an HDMI-output. The audio + video signal was fed to the HDMI-input and the Devialet extracted the left and right front audio signals which were amplified by the Devialet. The rest of the audio and video were forwarded to the HDMI-output.
Devialet never got this working properly and with the hardware upgrade to the Expert range the HDMI interfaces were removed.
So, the short answer is No.
Devialet 250, PS Audio Transport - PS Audio P5 - Aurender N100H- Thorens TD160MkII - Restek MTUN+, Eternal Arts TTP, TAD ME1
The HDMI standard is not an i2s interface. The HDMI connector is used on some of the i2s capable equipment (as is the RJ45 ethernet connector), but it is non-standard and used only because it is practical. The electronics behind i2s and HDMI is completely different and serves different purposes.
So @PeterS is correct, the D-Premier HDMI input is not i2s.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thank you guys