Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headphones
well I have had an answer back from D and they advise against connecting a sub across the speaker terminals, to quote
"To connect a subwoofer to a Devialet, we use the pre-out board with one positive and on negative connector. The Devialet was not made to connect more than one plus and negative. i cannot tell how exactly it will behave, but it might for sure damage your device. It might as well not work at all."

So I guess we are back to 2 SD cards with a config for headphones and one for sub. Incidentally, what size card is needed for the D200?
Bummer.

4GB SD card.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
 I have tried today my Sennheiser HD800 off the pre-out. It is no match for any decent headphone amp - even the portable ones like Meridian Explorer, etc. sound much better than the Devialet for this application.

I am now connecting a Stax amp to the pre-out and use the Stax instead. Much better. It lets the music breathe - with direct connection with the Senns, it sounds muffled by comparison.

Sorry!
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

Nothing to be sorry about....

I have no doubt that many, possibly even inexpensive, dedicated headphone amps will out perform the 200 as I am using it but considering I haven't owned a set of cans for over 25 years and did not want to spend big money on a pair given I anticipate using them well less than an hour a week on average I am currently where I need to be but do appreciate the information. Your 800s which cost 8X what I paid for mine, are what I would call a high end pair and I like you would want to maximize their potential and my return on my investment.
Well the D came today! Finally got it up and running and I am well pleased. Got my phones running from the pre outs, phono input sounds great, plus 2 dig inputs,
After all the carry on re the sub, I don't think I need one now! Bass is superb. This really is an incredible piece of kit.
Thanks to all who offered help and advice, I am sure I will be back.
Apparently, once SAM is enabled, you can't select pre-out on from the speakers during Configurator. What this means is that if you want to listen to headphone with speakers mute, SAM cannot be used. Does anyone has a solution on how to create a configurator which allows me to mute the speakers (SAM mode) and allow only pre-out?
I do not have SAM speakers yet but this is a question I wanted to ask for a long time. It looks like there is not enough buttons on the remote to allow it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
OK. The problem is solved. Nothing to do with SAM, it's the Configurator's bug. It's working now. Yippee!