Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Replicating Fault
Hi all,

I have a problem with my D200 that I suspect is a software fault but Devialet support apparently can't replicate it.
I was wondering if people would be willing to attempt to replicate the issue I'm seeing and report back?

The problem is that I get excessively loud and distorted (very bassy) playback through the default startup source (digital-1) at startup if, and only if, the devialet was set to the phono input when put into standby.

I've seen this problem with firmware 8.1.2 and 8.1.3
My phono stage is set up as MC.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Step-1
Power on D200
Result
Amp defaults to Dig-1 source. Display shows -40dB. Replay is at normal levels.

Step-2
Change source to Phono.
Result
Display shows -40dB. Replay is at normal levels.

Step-3
Press the power button.
Result
D200 goes into standby.

Step-4
Press the power button
Result
Amp defaults to Dig-1 source. Display shows -40dB but replay is very loud and distorted.

If I had to guess, It sounds as if the RIAA curve is being applied to the Dig-1 source in the scenario described.
I'm Martin

Devialet D400 Expert, Focal Diablo Utopia III Colour, Bluesound Vault 2i, Meridian CDT, Technics 1210 M5G + Oyaide Platter and Stabiliser, Audionote Tonearm, Blue Angel Mantis MC
Hello - first post here but I've been reading (and agreeing with many of the comments) for a while.

I've noticed the exact same thing - I've got a 250 and also have the phono input set to MC.
My workaround is to always change back to a digital input before powering off.
What I did notice with mine was once it was into this 'distorted' state, I either had to do a full reset by holding the power button for 5 secs, or pull the power from the unit.  I reported it to Devialet (it was logged under ticket 11454 back in May) - they said it was a known fault and would be fixed in the next f/w.  That was back at 8.1 IIRC.
(22-Aug-2015, 09:22)pjlarge Wrote: I reported it to Devialet (it was logged under ticket 11454 back in May) - they said it was a known fault and would be fixed in the next f/w.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

That's interesting. 
I also logged a ticket (13643, logged in July) but have been told it couldn't be replicated. Smile
I'm Martin

Devialet D400 Expert, Focal Diablo Utopia III Colour, Bluesound Vault 2i, Meridian CDT, Technics 1210 M5G + Oyaide Platter and Stabiliser, Audionote Tonearm, Blue Angel Mantis MC
This is a really interesting problem and demonstrates the complexity of the Devialet/FPGA/whatever approach compared with traditional amps. I've probably got the wrong end of the stick completely but it looks to me as if the state change between input sources is not immune to corruption. I wonder if there's some lack of freeing up of memory/resetting going on when either changing sources or coming out of standby. Would be really interesting to know, though I doubt we'll found out.
(21-Aug-2015, 15:16)howlindawg Wrote: Hi all,

I have a problem with my D200 that I suspect is a software fault but Devialet support apparently can't replicate it.
I was wondering if people would be willing to attempt to replicate the issue I'm seeing and report back?

The problem is that I get excessively loud and distorted (very bassy) playback through the default startup source (digital-1) at startup if, and only if, the devialet was set to the phono input when put into standby.

I've seen this problem with firmware 8.1.2 and 8.1.3
My phono stage is set up as MC.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Step-1
Power on D200
Result
Amp defaults to Dig-1 source. Display shows -40dB. Replay is at normal levels.

Step-2
Change source to Phono.
Result
Display shows -40dB. Replay is at normal levels.

Step-3
Press the power button.
Result
D200 goes into standby.

Step-4
Press the power button
Result
Amp defaults to Dig-1 source. Display shows -40dB but replay is very loud and distorted.

If I had to guess, It sounds as if the RIAA curve is being applied to the Dig-1 source in the scenario described.

Yes I had this problem when I first went to V8.1 of Firmware (introduced RAM) and noticed this "distortion" when changing the RIAA settings. When I changed the RIAA setting and played phono all OK. Then changed to an other input all OK, went back to phono, "distortion" until I switched off and then back on again. I reported error to Devialet, who told me that it would be fixed with configurator upgrade. This must have happened because I have subsequently changed my Configurations on a number of occasions, and the problem seems to have disappeared.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Well it looks like the fix made its way into the latest firmware.
With the upgrade to firmware 9.0.1 this software defect now appears to be resolved. Smile
I'm Martin