Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for a USB newbie please
Hello fellow Devialet friends,

I've been enjoying my 200 for over a year now, mainly with Cd and exploring computer audio via an iPhone through a dock, and streaming using AirPlay to a neighbouring unit (bandwidth too slow to support this plus Tidal over the same network).

I'd now to try a simple way of streaming tidal and playing audio files that all the family can use, and that is reliable and usable without drops. I've bought a simple small windows laptop and tried to get connected via USB but no success so far. I usually know my way around computers but this has been difficult.

The usb driver is loaded into the win 8.1 laptop. USB is configured on the Devialet and shows on the options. When I play a track on Tidal, and then select the usb source on the laptop, the music stops playing through the laptop but nothing comes through the Devialet.

When I select the usb option on the laptop it says USB1 so I just wonder whether the cable I am using (taken from a printer) is the problem. Happy to buy a better but not exhorbitant USB cable if needed but wanted to see if you thought this was the problem. Anyone had issues getting USB going? Assume I don't need to use a micro USB connection at the laptop end?

Looking forward to a solution   Wink as it will open up a whole world of new and old music for us all.

Thanks in advance.
Jonathan
Sounds as though the USB 2 driver isn't installed, working or configured properly.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(13-Jul-2015, 22:58)JonathanG Wrote: Hello fellow Devialet friends,

I've been enjoying my 200 for over a year now, mainly with Cd and exploring computer audio via an iPhone through a dock, and streaming using AirPlay to a neighbouring unit (bandwidth too slow to support this plus Tidal over the same network).

I'd now to try a simple way of streaming tidal and playing audio files that all the family can use, and that is reliable and usable without drops. I've bought a simple small windows laptop and tried to get connected via USB but no success so far. I usually know my way around computers but this has been difficult.

The usb driver is loaded into the win 8.1 laptop. USB is configured on the Devialet and shows on the options. When I play a track on Tidal, and then select the usb source on the laptop, the music stops playing through the laptop but nothing comes through the Devialet.

When I select the usb option on the laptop it says USB1 so I just wonder whether the cable I am using (taken from a printer) is the problem. Happy to buy a better but not exhorbitant USB cable if needed but wanted to see if you thought this was the problem. Anyone had issues getting USB going? Assume I don't need to use a micro USB connection at the laptop end?

Looking forward to a solution   Wink as it will open up a whole world of new and old music for us all.

Thanks in advance.
Jonathan

On your sound icon, right click and set USB output as default. Give it another go.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier