Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me find Speakers for my D250
Hi

I'm looking for Speakers for the D250. Don't mind whether they're Standmounts or Floorstanders.

Really don't want to spend more than £3k just now. Just bought the 250 & 2 Silver Phantoms en route, so don't want to risk upsetting the missus. She wouldn't say anything, but you know how it is....

I always like a deal & certainly don't mind buying used!!

I've read rave reviews on here for the little KEF LS50. Can they really compare with some of the more expensive speakers mentioned here?

Also, I can get hold of a brand new pair of Sonus Faber Toy Towers for £930, which is like half UK retail. Anyone heard these with SAM? Would they be better than the LS50s?

Thanks!
What about the Atohm GT1 SE?
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Thanks DB

I would LOVE to hear the Atohms. Where do you buy these things though?? It's like a secret. No information on their website. I even emailed them for a list of Dealers. No reply....
I have bought the D120 with the Atohms - they are great.

For my Devialet dealer it was no problem to hear the Atohms. After 3 days I have got the hole new package from my dealer. Every dealer should have the possibility to get the package in a few days from Devialet.
Thanks midi

Where is your dealer? Are you in UK?
If you're in London you're welcome to come over for a listen.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Thanks very much DB, that's very kind of you!!! I'm up in Merseyside though.

I've just bought a pair of Focal Diablo Utopia from a member here (thanks Martin!). Looking forward to them arriving some time next week.
(31-Mar-2015, 12:01)strummer Wrote: Thanks very much DB, that's very kind of you!!!   I'm up in Merseyside though.

I've just bought a pair of Focal Diablo Utopia from a member here (thanks Martin!).  Looking forward to them arriving some time next week.

My pleasure Ian! I just sent you some more pictures in the email. The Diablo's are all packed and ready for pick up on Thursday. [Image: smile.gif]
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(29-Mar-2015, 20:49)midi Wrote: I have bought the D120 with the Atohms - they are great.

For my Devialet dealer it was no problem to hear the Atohms. After 3 days I have got the hole new package from my dealer. Every dealer should have the possibility to get the package in a few days from Devialet.

(31-Mar-2015, 20:15)MightyMart Wrote:
(31-Mar-2015, 12:01)strummer Wrote: Thanks very much DB, that's very kind of you!!!   I'm up in Merseyside though.

I've just bought a pair of Focal Diablo Utopia from a member here (thanks Martin!).  Looking forward to them arriving some time next week.

My pleasure Ian! I just sent you some more pictures in the email. The Diablo's are all packed and ready for pick up on Thursday. [Image: smile.gif]

Thanks very much Martin. Can't wait!!! Smile
(28-Mar-2015, 23:41)strummer Wrote: Hi

I'm looking for Speakers for the D250.   Don't mind whether they're Standmounts or Floorstanders.

Really don't want to spend more than £3k just now.  Just bought the 250 & 2 Silver Phantoms en route, so don't want to risk upsetting the missus.  She wouldn't say anything, but you know how it is....  

I always like a deal & certainly don't mind buying used!!

I've read rave reviews on here for the little KEF LS50.  Can they really compare with some of the more expensive speakers mentioned here?

Also, I can get hold of a brand new pair of Sonus Faber Toy Towers for £930, which is like half UK retail.   Anyone heard these with SAM?  Would they be better than the LS50s?

Thanks!

The SAM'ed LS50 are stellar.   My room is 23 *12 w a fireplace and two openings to halls.  Not a BIG bottom but very dimensional, natural and fast bass w decent punch. 

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA