Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed. 440 trouble
Switched everything on as normal. Sonus>Mutec>440 via AES/EBU. No sound out of left channel and highly distorted sound from right. Confused All other inputs OK. Got to figure out a Different connection method from the Mutec into the Dev, which is easy but I've got nothing with an AES/EBU out to check the D's input.

Anyone got any ideas?  Huh

Alex.

Edit. Headphone output is normal! So it can't be the Mutec or cable.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Decided to re-load FW 10.0.5 and Now everything's fine. So I assume that it must be possible for firmware corruption inside the D? Very strange.  Confused
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(30-Oct-2016, 14:27)Axel Wrote: Decided to re-load FW 10.0.5 and Now everything's fine. So I assume that it must be possible for firmware corruption inside the D? Very strange.  Confused

That's a little concerning.  I presume you plan to report this to Devialet?  This would be one query deserving of properly considered technical response.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(30-Oct-2016, 14:27)Axel Wrote: Decided to re-load FW 10.0.5 and Now everything's fine. So I assume that it must be possible for firmware corruption inside the D? Very strange.  Confused

Glad you got it going OK

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(30-Oct-2016, 14:49)Confused Wrote:

That's a little concerning.  I presume you plan to report this to Devialet?  This would be one query deserving of properly considered technical response.

They were my first port of call, but being Sunday, didn't expect any reply apart from the automated one.
South Coast England
(30-Oct-2016, 15:05)BrianT Wrote:

Glad you got it going OK

Brian

Cheers Brian. You think "f*~k!! It's broken!! Back to France! Will it be back by Christmas?!?"
But, panic over. Disaster averted...

Alex
South Coast England

I think I have seen something like this before on other firmwares. I know I had it on FW8 when it came and you used phono input the sound was really distorted and no sound in one channel but that did not help reload and Devialet came out with a new FW a couple of days later that fixed that.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

It was the same firmware and configuration files that had been working perfectly since I got the amps back.
South Coast England
Maybe it was a complete power-down and re-start that sorted it out? (Rather than re-loading the firmware.) Anyway, glad it's fixed without too much bother.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(30-Oct-2016, 18:27)Axel Wrote: It was the same firmware and configuration files that had been working perfectly since I got the amps back.

No that I saw this got me thinking if I dont got the same problem with my 400 once and as i recall it did not load the configuration file on the companion as it should and only the master made sound and the companion made very wierd sound in it`s speaker. I think I only took out the SD cards and disconnected the power and after that it was ok.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree