Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Tidal: need US IP
Hi, guys,

I remember some months ago, when we started talking about Tidal, someone posted a solution through a website that somehow masked your own IP address with a US or UK one so that one could setup an account, as the original system, as soon as it sensed your IP wasn't from one of the supported countries wouldn't allow you. I tried looking for it but cannot seem to find it; if someone could lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated! (Especially by Tidal themselves!)

Thanks, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
that would be me Smile

Ironsocket (VPN provider), Paypal (Payment service), USUnlocked (Virtual credit card service) and ShopnShip (PO Box address provider) 
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Ha! Thanks, Amabrok, I just need the VPN provider, as I have a US account.

Thanks again!

Just use TunnelBear for first registration .
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
Exactly, that was my idea. Thanks!!

L

You could also try SmartDNS. My simple understanding is that this requires only changing of the DNS and does not require all traffic to be routed through a specific server as with VPN. This should help maintain performance. I am based in Moscow and use it for my smart TVs, Apple TVs, MacBooks, etc. I use it to access UK, US and other media sites and it works very well. It is also pretty cheap.

https://www.overplay.net/smartdns.php
Clark, thanks a lot. I just needed the US IP address to register, in normal use my connection is good enough and I have no problem at all.

Cheers!

L