Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HiFi respons?
I am very impressed by my new Gemini. Best in ear earphones I listened to.  But I am not so impressed of the highs, too much energy? In my set up the frequencies respons, above 1000 Hz, is boosted. Brass on jazz music and classic music does not sound so good. Partly I can mitigate this by setting 4kHz and 8kHz sliders of eq to -5 dB. Middles, clearness and depth are really good. I listen to music of  cd quality or better (Qobuz) on an iPhone se 2020. Anybody with similar experience and mitigation sugestion?
Expert Pro 220. Dynaudio C1 II. Rega P8. Lyra Delos. Primare BD 32. 
(01-Jun-2021, 14:53)ThomasD Wrote: I am very impressed by my new Gemini. Best in ear earphones I listened to.  But I am not so impressed of the highs, too much energy? In my set up the frequencies respons, above 1000 Hz, is boosted. Brass on jazz music and classic music does not sound so good. Partly I can mitigate this by setting 4kHz and 8kHz sliders of eq to -5 dB. Middles, clearness and depth are really good. I listen to music of  cd quality or better (Qobuz) on an iPhone se 2020. Anybody with similar experience and mitigation sugestion?

I'm impressed too. I listen mainly classical music and I set the equaliser to +6 dB on the bass and - 6db for the highs. This, independently of the source (CD or digitized vinyl or qobuz). For my ears the flat equaliser is too harsch for the highs.
Happy listening !!
(01-Jun-2021, 14:53)ThomasD Wrote: I am very impressed by my new Gemini. Best in ear earphones I listened to.  But I am not so impressed of the highs, too much energy? In my set up the frequencies respons, above 1000 Hz, is boosted. Brass on jazz music and classic music does not sound so good. Partly I can mitigate this by setting 4kHz and 8kHz sliders of eq to -5 dB. Middles, clearness and depth are really good. I listen to music of  cd quality or better (Qobuz) on an iPhone se 2020. Anybody with similar experience and mitigation sugestion?

Same thoughts here. I also feel that the battery drains fast. But the sound justifies it. The highs are a bit harsh on my ears. Besides that, it sounds really good. I set my highs just below 0 around -1db and it is working really great. Lows at +6db for the bass and mids just slightly above 0, maybe +0.5db.