Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden differences between D120 and D200?
OK, I know the basic differences between the D120 and D200 however there seem to be many others...

I just bought a D120 with the optional pre-out board and KEF LS-50's. I'm trying this setup a KEF R400b sub. I read here that others have set the active speaker crossover on the Devialet to around 80Hz 4th order and ran the sub full range and used the subs crossover? It would be better for the LS-50 not to have to play full-range.

However, in the configurator for the D120, the speaker crossover adjustments are greyed out? I checked on the configurator for the D200 and they are no longer greyed out. Does this mean that the D120 does not have an active crossover or do I just not get the use of it because I bought the entry level model?? I can't find anything it the literature which says it's only an option from the D200 and up??

Additionally, my friend who has the D200 has the option to assign a SAM on/off button on the remote. I do not seem to have that option?

Are these just blocked by firmware? I doubt there's any reason the hardware can't do this??

What other differences are they're which are not officially published?
Hi, I know for a fact that you can assign whatever you want to the remote (I'm a Devialet 120 owner myself) including SAM. It's in the configurator under remote settings. Little drop downs for each remote button.

As for the Sub crossover, have you made sure when you choose your D120 from the configurator that you select "Preamplified output" option at the bottom of the page?

I'm also assuming you're using the "Advanced Configurator" for all of the above.
(22-Jan-2015, 20:01)stuartwoodrandom Wrote: Hi, I know for a fact that you can assign whatever you want to the remote (I'm a Devialet 120 owner myself) including SAM. It's in the configurator under remote settings. Little drop downs for each remote button.

As for the Sub crossover, have you made sure when you choose your D120 from the configurator that you select "Preamplified output" option at the bottom of the page?

I'm also assuming you're using the "Advanced Configurator" for all of the above.

Yes, I've done everything you said above. I have NO option to change speaker cross overs and no option to assign SAM on/off button on the remote. My buddy who owns a D200 looked at it and could not understand why mine was different?
Before I got my Devialet and Giya G1's , I was trying a kef ls50 and 2 subs (monster SVS sb13 ultras) and I used a miniDSP 4x10 to do crossover (into a Rotel class D 250w/chan amp) , high passed the kefs at 80 or 90 hz with a 24 db/octave filter and low passed the subs at around 100 hz with the same filter.
You really have to prevent the LS50's playing any significant low bass...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(22-Jan-2015, 19:51)audiophile911 Wrote: OK, I know the basic differences between the D120 and D200 however there seem to be many others...

I just bought a D120 with the optional pre-out board and KEF LS-50's. I'm trying this setup a KEF R400b sub. I read here that others have set the active speaker crossover on the Devialet to around 80Hz 4th order and ran the sub full range and used the subs crossover? It would be better for the LS-50 not to have to play full-range.

However, in the configurator for the D120, the speaker crossover adjustments are greyed out? I checked on the configurator for the D200 and they are no longer greyed out. Does this mean that the D120 does not have an active crossover or do I just not get the use of it because I bought the entry level model?? I can't find anything it the literature which says it's only an option from the D200 and up??

Additionally, my friend who has the D200 has the option to assign a SAM on/off button on the remote. I do not seem to have that option?

Are these just blocked by firmware? I doubt there's any reason the hardware can't do this??

What other differences are they're which are not officially published?

I just tried this as a test and it worked fine so think you may have missed an option somewhere.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I also tried and if you enter the "Advanced Configurator" from the start page (i.e. http://en.devialet.com/configurator/ 3rd link down on the right) then you get more options that running through a standard setup and accessing the configurator at the end... perhaps it's that?

Try just going here:
http://en.devialet.com/configurator/advanced
Actually, just been playing with the Configurator and there's a bug... When you access the Advanced Configurator and select a D120 (without the preamplified output), it allows you set the SAM On/Off option for your remote, but adding the preamplified output option breaks this and doesn't let you select it as an option.

Probably best tell Devialet there's a bug with their configurator.
Also before you can assign a remote button to SAM on/off you have to first choose a SAM profile in the speaker configuration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(23-Jan-2015, 13:18)stuartwoodrandom Wrote: Actually, just been playing with the Configurator and there's a bug... When you access the Advanced Configurator and select a D120 (without the preamplified output), it allows you set the SAM On/Off option for your remote, but adding the preamplified output option breaks this and doesn't let you select it as an option.

Doesn't preamp out just turn off SAM anyway?  Or is it enabling the cross over that does?
(23-Jan-2015, 20:21)Dr Tone Wrote:
(23-Jan-2015, 13:18)stuartwoodrandom Wrote: Actually, just been playing with the Configurator and there's a bug... When you access the Advanced Configurator and select a D120 (without the preamplified output), it allows you set the SAM On/Off option for your remote, but adding the preamplified output option breaks this and doesn't let you select it as an option.

Doesn't preamp out just turn off SAM anyway?  Or is it enabling the cross over that does?

From what I can tell, if you enable SAM it disables the crossover at the speaker level. I guess this makes sense? The crossover for the pre-outs is still available.

I believe there is a bug in the confirgurator: when I enable the pre-out for the D120 I no longer see the option for a SAM on/off button. When I changed back to a standard D120 I had the option for a SAM button again. This does not make sense.
Mac Mini ->iTunes/Amarra->AudioQuest Diamond USB->D120->Supra Sword Speaker Cables->KEF LS-50