Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Quality Reasonably Priced SPL Meter?
Can anyone recommend a high quality high accuracy SPL meter that is reasonably priced?

Thanks

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
AudioTools by Studio Six Digital. It is an iOS app BUT it has many add on tools that can make as professional as you wish. I find that it is accurate enough for my purposes. If you wish for more accuracy, they also sell a microphone.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
i just bought the most expensive one that they had in my local electronics store. was about $300 AUD i think.

with an spl meter i dont think it honestly matters that much. just make sure its not some real cheapo that cant do c-weighted slow measurements.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
@rwjr44,
What can you really do with this iOS app. ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
I've got a Silverline 633937, cost me 17 quid on Amazon and seems to do the trick.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(19-Aug-2015, 08:13)ledesc Wrote: @rwjr44,
What can you really do with this iOS app. ?

It has several modules, some of which will cost you.
  • SPL Sound Level Meters
    • Digital, Analog, Graph, Traffic Light and mode that combines all but graph.

There are other professional tools such as RTA and FFT and much more. Sorry but I am having trouble entering info.
      The have a user forum and many demos. I suggest visiting their site at: http://studiosixdigital.com/audiotools/

Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
$19 cheap enough?

http://amzn.com/B00ECCZWWI
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
There is the well known Software "REW" from Image Shack in US (free when registered).
It works perfectly with the USB-microphone UMIK-1  ( http://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic...ent/umik-1 ), about 75$ or similar in €.
Calibration file can be downloaded by serial number.

Sound is send via PC or Laptop to the Devialet, no need for a soundcard or anything. Available for Mac and PC.
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg
(27-Aug-2015, 18:11)listener Wrote: There is the well known Software "REW" from Image Shack in US (free when registered).
It works perfectly with the USB-microphone UMIK-1  ( http://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic...ent/umik-1 ), about 75$ or similar in €.
Calibration file can be downloaded by serial number.

Sound is send via PC or Laptop to the Devialet, no need for a soundcard or anything. Available for Mac and PC.

When I use REW with a UMIK microphone and always get a microphone volume level error messages.  Is the calibration file you mention used to correct specifically for the UMIK?  I can get nice graphs etc. from REW but have no confidence in the results due to the errors.  Maybe this is the answer?
I suggested you and someone else with that issue to check the mic volume in the OS. The default (at least in Windows) is rather low...
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands